Author Topic: 22LR  (Read 1724 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Re: 22LR
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 12:59:24 AM »
Dick's Sporting Goods opened a new store in my area a few weeks ago and had a fair amount of 22LR as opening day specials.  I bought a bucket of 1400 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet for $67.  My Ruger SR22 has problems with some of the cheap 22LR bought at Wal-Mart but fires this without a hiccup.
;) :)
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
I order my ammo online or buy it in bulk at the gun shows.  Always get what I want at a price that is not too outrageous.   ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 02:49:10 PM »
The reason 22 is in short supply is simple economics ???
Due to fears about the political climate many started hoarding all sorts of guns & ammo.
Because 22 ammo has such a low profit margin some lines were switched from it to more profitable calibers.
Almost everything else is readily available now so at some point the 22 production will increase.
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline Wingman

• Central Maine
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 03:32:57 PM »
The reason 22 is in short supply is simple economics ???
Due to fears about the political climate many started hoarding all sorts of guns & ammo.
Because 22 ammo has such a low profit margin some lines were switched from it to more profitable calibers.
Almost everything else is readily available now so at some point the 22 production will increase.

Thanks, LA.  I wondered what the story was.
"You will thank us for smoking."

Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Spirit E310
Weber Performer Premium
MAK 1 Star #184
Bradley OBS #968,312

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
Do bullets have a shelf life? I've got a bunch of them from my teenage years just sitting in my gun cabinet waiting for the revolution. Will they still work or should I restock?
Don they are total crap, so I'm getting ready to head your way and take them off your hands so you don't have to worry about disposal....  8)
   Most likely they are fine. Maybe better than what's coming off the shelf new.
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 04:33:54 PM »
Anyone know how old this might be? It was handed down to me from my father.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 05:02:50 PM »
A friend had an old box that said something along the lines of....always keep your gun loaded,an unloaded gun is useless.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 12:20:29 AM »
Anyone know how old this might be? It was handed down to me from my father.

My first thought looking at the box was 1950's but then I noticed the warning label about keeping away from kids so I'm guessing 1960's to 1970's, the wood boxes are probably home made.