Author Topic: bacon wrapped chicken breast, added video  (Read 4863 times)

Offline urahoho

Re: bacon wrapped chicken breast, added video
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 12:43:22 PM »
got the video up

JimAbbottsRightHandMan

Re: bacon wrapped chicken breast
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 04:43:55 PM »
damn that's an expensive piece of equipment.   Anyone try any other version? maybe from amazon that is close in quality?
I went with the "Super Fast Digital Pocket Thermometer" by ThermoWorks. Same people who make the hundred-dollar one that everyone loves, and similarly strong reviews. Not as fast, of course, but I'm hoping the quality is there.

Oddly, when I opened the box it arrived in, they had tossed in a little bag of jelly beans. Not sure why.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 05:19:17 PM »
Looks good, thanks for the mention of the Tommy Ring :) :) :)

Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 06:23:06 PM »
damn that's an expensive piece of equipment.   Anyone try any other version? maybe from amazon that is close in quality?
I went with the "Super Fast Digital Pocket Thermometer" by ThermoWorks. Same people who make the hundred-dollar one that everyone loves, and similarly strong reviews. Not as fast, of course, but I'm hoping the quality is there.

Oddly, when I opened the box it arrived in, they had tossed in a little bag of jelly beans. Not sure why.

They always include Jelly Bellies. Kind of their thing. Pretty cool.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Pappymn

bacon wrapped chicken breast, added video
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 06:31:09 PM »
Fantastic company and products. They always stand behind their products even if out of warranty. I know from experience.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline happyappy

• Go Apps!
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 12:01:45 PM »
Those look great!  I think I'll make these for a party I have coming up this weekend.

A couple of things I learned in my BEESR that may help.  I always set my racks as high as I can in the basket with the food I'm cooking and cook with the lid down.  The top half of the chamber seems to be significantly warmer than that the bottom half.  And you are on the right track about crowding your food.  I learned with wings that I need to leave room around each wing to crisp the skin all the way around.

Thanks for the idea!
Camp Chef Pellet Grill
BEESR
Cook Air Grill
Weber Genesis
Barrel House Cooker

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2014, 01:39:34 PM »

I have both the Thermapen and the Digital Pocket Thermometer by ThermoWorks.  I did a side by side comparison, let the two thermometers stabilize to room temperature, then inserted them in a cup of ice water at the same time.  The Thermapen was almost instant, about 2-3 seconds and read 32.1F, the pocket thermometer took about 12-15 seconds to come down to 32.2F.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)