Author Topic: The SRG been discontinued?  (Read 7423 times)

Offline Guido1964

• Cook it outdoors
Re: The SRG been discontinued?
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 03:52:17 PM »
"Here is a chat I had with someone there.

Me: Have y'all discontinued the SRG? Smoker roaster and Grill????
Mike: Thank you for visiting Charbroil.com I would be happy to assist you with that!
Me: It has been off the site for awhile 
Mike: While the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared The Big Easy 3-IN-1 Smoker Roaster & Grill - Model 14101550 is not currently available, we do hope to have it back in stock soon"

I had that same chat with Charbroil About two years ago on CB940X then last year it was back.  I think they cycle the manufacturing plant on different products.  They run out and then have to wait for the next production cycle for that product.
Charbroil 940X
Charbroil Tabletop Gas Grill
Charbroil Vertical gas smoker
Charbroil SMK smoker box
Chargriller Wrangler
Piece of expanded steel for camp fire

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 04:21:32 AM »
I dont know if they are going to cont. them or not,but I got mine from newegg for 197 delivered,checked today its 229,dont know delivery cost because ITS OUT OF STOCK!!?? ???

Thanks guys for the very timely heads up,and have to add Mrs is thrilled seeing it put together,watched a bunch of videos on it tonight.

;) :D 8)
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 08:36:10 AM »
I dont know if they are going to cont. them or not,but I got mine from newegg for 197 delivered,checked today its 229,dont know delivery cost because ITS OUT OF STOCK!!?? ???

Thanks guys for the very timely heads up,and have to add Mrs is thrilled seeing it put together,watched a bunch of videos on it tonight.

Welcome to the infrared club!!!  :D :D :D

If you need info there are enough minds here to get you the answer (scary ain't it)  ;) ;) ;)

Hope you try pulled pork sometime in it. 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline spuds

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 08:51:29 AM »

If you need info there are enough minds here to get you the answer (scary ain't it)  ;) ;) ;)

OK,I will do that.Ive never even made pulled pork before ever,now would be a good time.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 10:03:24 AM »

OK,I will do that.Ive never even made pulled pork before ever,now would be a good time.

You're in for a real treat once you do a pulled pork, one of the best sandwiches you'll ever eat is pulled pork with some coleslaw on it.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 01:19:03 PM »

Well not to toot my own horn, I do have 121 butts done in infrared  ;)  So if you want to do one let me know i'll show you how I do them
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline spuds

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 02:47:27 PM »
Picked up a bone in picnic roast at .99/lb for tomorrow,about 6 lbs.....Advice welcomed!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »
Picked up a bone in picnic roast at .99/lb for tomorrow,about 6 lbs.....Advice welcomed!
OK, here we go!

Now I have only cook two picnics in the SRG because I don't care for the bone/skin to me butts have more meat and are much easier to deal with.

Here is how I do them in the SRG.   Wash the picnic/butts well, dry then rub with CYM then your favorite rub (low in sugar best)
while the meat is rest on the counter fire up the SRG and get the smoke rolling real good, turn the unit to low drop the basket in the unit.  Lid down setting stays on low the entire cook.   Cook till IT   of 205 (trust me works better then 195)  foil with 2 sheets of HD foil then into a cooler to rest for 2 hours.  Remove and pull apart, add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of apple juice (mix well) then serve or freeze

Now with a picnic you don't have the fat cap so you may not get a lot of bark like you would if you used a butt

Good luck,

I'll send you my cell via PM so you can have the SRG "Hotline"    :D :D :D :D 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 09:34:39 PM »
Spuds, don't hesitate to use the Tommy Hotline if you run into any questions, he really helped me a lot when I first got started with my SRG..

Offline spuds

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 01:17:00 AM »
Spuds, don't hesitate to use the Tommy Hotline if you run into any questions, he really helped me a lot when I first got started with my SRG..
I did! What a wealth of info that put years of knowledge into one phone call.Cant thank Tommy enough,Mrs then got the info relayed from me and took his advice straight to the heart,she knows when to listen when a master speaks.At 4pm she jumped in car,drove down the hill 35 miles to VictimVille(a fate worse than death) just to get Bad Byron Butt Rub Tommy recommended,arriving at 510pm,20 minutes before they closed.

I cant get her to go 2 blocks to get the mail,LOL! :D

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 08:28:46 AM »
Spuds if your going to Victorville to get Bad Byron's then you must be in Wrightwood right?

A guy I work with lives in Phelan and another in Hesparia.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline spuds

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 04:39:13 PM »
Spuds if your going to Victorville to get Bad Byron's then you must be in Wrightwood right?

A guy I work with lives in Phelan and another in Hesparia.
Other side of freeway,up by Crestline.I used to live in Phelan long ago,boy has it grown.Son lives in Hesperia,we work in VictimVille.Sure have no use for that place besides its my job.Its like a war zone just to drive there,the people seem to keep the left side of the IQ Bell Curve packed,no manners....YUCK!!!!

I like Wrightwood,when flatlander people say were do we go for snow,thats my pick,easy drive,nice place,not jammed like BigBear gets and so much closer.Yes,I like Wrightwood.IMO very nice people there too for some reason.