Author Topic: For the last 2 years I've been obsessed with Kiolbassa Smoked Meats  (Read 881 times)

Offline Lantern

For the last 2 years I've been obsessed with Kiolbassa Smoked Meats
« Reply #-1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:49:31 PM »
Anybody else in the same boat? Heck I don't think the company makes a single bad product. We started out with their original and have, over time, found that their roasted garlic and polish sausages are our absolute favorites. Their chorizo is great too.

Between Kiolbassa Smoked Meats, Conecuh sausage and my local butcher the only thing I'm missing is a source for killer boudin.

Side note: I can't make much of my own sausage until we get into our new house as our current space is much too limited to get into sausage making like I would like.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Anybody else in the same boat? Heck I don't think the company makes a single bad product. We started out with their original and have, over time, found that their roasted garlic and polish sausages are our absolute favorites. Their chorizo is great too.

Between Kiolbassa Smoked Meats, Conecuh sausage and my local butcher the only thing I'm missing is a source for killer boudin.

Side note: I can't make much of my own sausage until we get into our new house as our current space is much too limited to get into sausage making like I would like.
Never had Kiobassa Smoke before but Conecuh sausage is hard to beat!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline rwalters

Hard for me to believe... but I've only had Kiolbassa sausages a couple of times.  They were FANTASTIC!  Going to check Costco the next time I am there to see if they still carry them.  Aidell's sausage is very popular around my neck of the woods.  But from what I remember, as good as Aidell's is... I am pretty sure that it was Kiolbassa sausage that I found to be much better than Aidell's.  Now you've got me on the Kiolbassa website looking at their home delivery selection.  Thanks a lot ;)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Lantern

I can confirm that they are at Costco AND Sam's. We picked up the polish sausage and chorizo from Sam's in Asheville. We got the roasted garlic at Costco.

They are in Ingles and Publix from time to time , but they are WAYYYY higher and WAYYY smaller. And.....my wife likes the big sausages better. ;)

Offline rexster314

Kiolbassa also puts out smoked whole hams around Thanksgiving/Christmas time. Some outstanding pork!!
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline Lantern

Kiolbassa also puts out smoked whole hams around Thanksgiving/Christmas time. Some outstanding pork!!

Ooooooooooo..... I did not know that!

Offline rexster314

It's a pretty limited run. Consider yourself lucky if you find one. I have to call the company and find out where the hams are going. Bolner's in San Antonio will usually have a couple
Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline Lantern

It's a pretty limited run. Consider yourself lucky if you find one. I have to call the company and find out where the hams are going. Bolner's in San Antonio will usually have a couple

DANGIT!!! Ham is my favorite for the holidays. I was already thinking of cancelling the usual honey baked ham Co order. LOL!!

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
If y'all want a GOOOOOOOOOOD ham beg Tenhunter for his ham recipe it's that good  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices

DANGIT!!! Ham is my favorite for the holidays. I was already thinking of cancelling the usual honey baked ham Co order. LOL!!

You have another great option......Look up Tenthunter's "Ham Brining in the Charcuterie Section - and find the recipe for CiderMill brine...O.M.G.!!!!!! It is the BEST. Now - you can buy a fresh and , cure it and smoke it to your liking. AND....it will likely be better than anything you have had yet. ;) ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
I can safely say that Tenthunter's Cider Mill ham is the best that I have ever tasted.

Offline Lantern

Re: For the last 2 years I've been obsessed with Kiolbassa Smoked Meats
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 06:14:00 AM »
Just so we are clear. Is this the same brine used to make bacon, salmon ect? Same measurements?

Would love to try a new brine.

Offline Smokin Papa Steve

Re: For the last 2 years I've been obsessed with Kiolbassa Smoked Meats
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 10:33:56 AM »

They are the best store bought that I ever had.  Just picked up a pack from Costco.