Author Topic: I remember where I left it  (Read 420 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
I remember where I left it
« Reply #-1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:29:44 AM »
These two Baptist preachers were at Cracker Barrel having lunch together and Jackson was telling Williams about a small problem he had at his church.  His umbrella was missing and he believed one of his folks in the church took it.

"I think I know how to find out who took it," said Jackson.  "On Sunday, I'm gonna preach a sermon on the Ten Commandments.  When I get to the one about, 'Thou Shall Not Steal!' I'm gonna stare real hard at every person in the church.  The culprit will get embarrassed and return it.

The next week, the two men got together again, and Williams asked Jackson how his plan worked.

"It would have worked fine," said Jackson, "except that when I got to the part about 'Thou Shall Not Commit Adultery!' I remembered where I left it.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: I remember where I left it
« on: June 07, 2013, 12:24:57 PM »
Glad I am a Methodist!  :D ;D ;)
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #