Author Topic: How many PEEPS can a .50 Cal shoot through?  (Read 1356 times)

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
Re: How many PEEPS can a .50 Cal shoot through?
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 12:06:52 PM »
Those rounds could have been saved for human targets in Ghazni Provence Afghanistan   ;D Just saying
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline Saber 4

Re: How many PEEPS can a .50 Cal shoot through?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 12:25:12 PM »
I really expected the .50 to go deeper before being deflected.
Tough little critters those peeps are. The wife brought some home but now I know what I'm going to do with them. LOL

I actually expected the force to knock a lot more from the table without going through them.  I know, I am over-thinking it.

I think it was more a factor of not lining up the shot perfectly than the bullet being deflected that caused it to not penetrate the entire row of peeps. Bullet's don't really travel in as flat a trajectory as most people think.

Actually, those high velocity rounds sometimes don't do as well as a .44 Magnum.  I have seen a number of penetration tests with ballistic gel where the ,44 Mag out-penetrated a lot of African big game rounds.  Low and slow with a bunch of mass.

Art

So true, years ago we did a test of some bank teller glass at a gun club we belonged to and the .40 cal round ball muzzle loading pistol was the only round that pushed through the ballistic glass and almost broke out the back side.