Author Topic: Cookout at Backyard Jack's  (Read 6659 times)

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
Cookout at Backyard Jack's
« Reply #-1 on: October 10, 2021, 06:23:07 PM »
We had our backyard Cookout at Jaxon and Deb's house in Byron, GA last weekend. All our regular forum members were in attendance except for a few that couldn't make it and we missed seeing them. We have all been good friends for the last 10 years ever since we met in Augusta for the first Gathering in 2011. We have met every year since then except for last year because of the covid thing...sometimes twice a year.

We can't give Jack and Deb enough credit for being the best hosts for this cookout. They really go out of their way to make it a great cookout. Thank you Jack and thank you Deb for opening your beautiful home and your spacious backyard for us. We appreciate everything you have done to make this cookout unforgettable. I ate so much good food. I didn't even have to stop at a single McDonald's on the way back to Houston. The conversations were flowing freely, but the best conversation I had was when Dee tried to tell me how to post pictures on the forum.

I have taken video from every gathering and cookout that we have had and posted it on YouTube. This year is no exception. It takes me a little while to get it put together and uploaded, but I'll try to get it posted sometime this next week. I would have gotten it ready sooner, but somebody has to babysit Turtle on his vacation here in Houston. 

Offline Ka Honu

Re: Cookout at Backyard Jack's
« on: October 11, 2021, 06:37:12 PM »
...We can't give Jack and Deb enough credit for being the best hosts for this cookout. They really go out of their way to make it a great cookout. Thank you Jack and thank you Deb for opening your beautiful home and your spacious backyard for us. We appreciate everything you have done to make this cookout unforgettable...

The rest of his post may be a bit off (He is a Texan after all) but the part about Jack & Deb as hosts hits the mark. Add my thanks to Don's using the same superlatives (or, in plain English, "what he said!").
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 04:27:22 PM »
All right. Here is the video that y'all have been waiting for. It seems that I am taking less and less video and doing less and less editing each year. But I think this will give you an idea of what went down at Backyard Jack's on the first weekend of October.

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 10:31:21 AM »
I have been waiting for this since I couldn't attend..Thanks Don  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 12:13:11 PM »
I have been waiting for this since I couldn't attend..Thanks Don  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
You were missed !!!!
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 12:32:52 PM »
Thanks Terry.. I miss seeing my friends too.  I need to plan better next year and I will be there to mess with you guys again..maybe make some homemade bacon, maple  donuts and maybe sausage gravy one morning... looking forward to it big time already.. 
Pammy
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 07:33:16 PM »
... maybe make some homemade bacon, maple donuts and maybe sausage gravy one morning...

Maybe?

I can deal with "maybe" for the wonderful bacon maple donuts but would really like to see a "definitely" on the likelihood of sausage gravy. How about if I make sure Bremer doesn't say anything derogatory about your zero/Oregon flag for the rest of the season? Now that I know where he lives and I'm on good terms with the lovely Barbara, I'm sure I can threaten convince him to behave. Would that help?
Everyone is entitled to my opinion