Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Ask A Butcher!

Ball tip steak roast?

(1/3) > >>

Smokin Don:
I was in Sandman's for beer and he sold me this 10 lb. ball tip steak roast at a great buy. Can you tell me anything about this Rumm and anyone who has ideas on how to cook it would be appreciated. Sandman and I both have Traegers and he also has a PBC. Smokin Don

[attachment deleted by admin]

Las Vegan Cajun:
To me that looks like a good candidate for sous vide, seared, then sliced.   ;)

teesquare:
I agree with LVC on that cut Don... And - don't trim the fat off if you Sous Vide- until after the ride in the hot tub.....

Of course, Ball Tip makes some fine jerky if you do trim it up, and slice it very thin....

sliding_billy:
Assuming you are looking to cook it in a traditional manner, I would say either a long slow braise or fast to medium rare then refrigerated and thin sliced against the grain for sandwich meat.  Ball tip is a lean cut.  You are going to need to treat it as such.

Sandman:

--- Quote from: teesquare on August 14, 2014, 01:31:02 PM ---I agree with LVC on that cut Don... And - don't trim the fat off if you Sous Vide- until after the ride in the hot tub.....

Of course, Ball Tip makes some fine jerky if you do trim it up, and slice it very thin....

--- End quote ---
I already had jerky on my mind! Thinking of trying to do a pulled beef too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version