General > General Discussion

What are those acronyms

(1/5) > >>

smokendevo:
I used FTC the other day and the member had to ask what it meant. So I will start a small list and don't be shy to add to it.

ABT - Atomic Buffalo Turd; stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon.
BB or BBR - Baby Back Ribs
BBQ - Barbecue: Foods cooked low and slow, and often smoked; not to be confused with grilling
BTW - By The Way
CT - Carolina Treet, brand name for a Carolina style vinegar based cooking and basting sauce that is growing in popularity on the Bradley forum board. It is especially good on chicken and pork.
CYM or YM - Cheap Yellow Mustard or Yellow Mustard
EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
FTC - Foil Towel Cooler
A resting / staging method of wrapping the product in Foil, then and old Towel, and place in a warmed Cooler (no ice). This keeps the product hot and allows flexibility in serving times. Most plan to get the food done early, then use FTC to hold the product until serving time. This method also acts as a passive oven, allowing the meat to cool slowly and evenly, while continuing the break down of connective tissue/collagen.
IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
IMO - In My Opinion
IT - Internal Temperature (of meat): The desired "doneness", measured at the thickness area of the meat using an instant read or probe meat thermometer.
OT - Oven Temperature (temperature of the oven / tower/cabinet, not meat)
PID -Proportional, Integral, Derivative
An electrical temperature control devise used to provide tighter temperature regulation of the smoker
PR or PRIB - Prime Rib
SRG - the Smoker, Roaster and Grill; an Infrared Smoker, Roaster & Grill by CharBroil.
TBE - The Big Easy; an Infrared Turkey Fryer by CharBroil
SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed. Refers to getting permission from your significant other prior to making any decisions.

teesquare:
This is very useful Devo - THANKS!

I am making it a sticky so that others can refer/add to it, and so we do not "lose" it in the pile ;) ;D

muebe:
Wooster- Worcestershire Sauce

Keymaster:
NFPM- Non fat powdered milk
GB- Ground Beef

Pappymn:
Where was this list when I started? ???

FL = Foil love
FT = Fat Tire

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page