Spriited Discussions > SPIRITED DISCUSSIONS

sipping on Makers Mark 46 Whats your favorite?

<< < (6/7) > >>

Savannahsmoker:

--- Quote from: CarpBill on November 01, 2014, 06:17:14 PM ---Got a fine bottle of Makers Mark 46 and also make Sazeracs with regular Makers Mark, whats your favorite drink?

--- End quote ---
I am with you on the Makers Mark 46 and and also Rare Bread 112 for a modest price bourbon.
Bottom line I drink American Whiskey and that be Bourbon and Jack Daniels Whiskey.

My modest bar:

CDN Smoker:
I am not a Scotch drinker but I do like a taste once in a while. A friend of mine suggested this and I found it to be very smooth. My brother on the other hand liked it a lot and almost drank the whole bottle.

TwoPockets:
Well I lean towards a good Irish whiskey. Living in Alabama and having to buy from a State owned store options are limited so I normally just go with a Bushmills Or a Bush Black. Jameson's is good too. I like a taste of good Scotch whisky when you can find it. Drinking American I will sip on some Jack or Black Jack. Once in a blue moon at a gathering someone will pull out a quart jar of fresh made white whiskey. If you trust who brought it and know who made it it is some good stuff, but for sure just for very light sipping.

Ka Honu:

--- Quote from: CDN Smoker on September 26, 2016, 05:53:59 PM ---I am not a Scotch drinker but I do like a taste once in a while. A friend of mine suggested this and I found it to be very smooth. My brother on the other hand liked it a lot and almost drank the whole bottle.
--- End quote ---

I can't drink bourbon and don't particularly like rye but I could spend a bunch of time talking Scotch whisky. I won't (lucky you) other than to say that for my money, Aberlour A'Bunadh is the best under-$100 bottle of Scotch on the market. Try it all three ways - straight, with a cube, and with a touch of water.  Gotta be careful though - that cask strength (around 120 proof) will definitely kick your butt.

Oh, and tequila? When it's good, it's good but it's definitely not anyone's friend.

Savannahsmoker:

--- Quote from: Ka Honu on September 29, 2016, 07:12:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: CDN Smoker on September 26, 2016, 05:53:59 PM ---I am not a Scotch drinker but I do like a taste once in a while. A friend of mine suggested this and I found it to be very smooth. My brother on the other hand liked it a lot and almost drank the whole bottle.
--- End quote ---

I can't drink bourbon and don't particularly like rye but I could spend a bunch of time talking Scotch whisky. I won't (lucky you) other than to say that for my money, Aberlour A'Bunadh is the best under-$100 bottle of Scotch on the market. Try it all three ways - straight, with a cube, and with a touch of water.  Gotta be careful though - that cask strength (around 120 proof) will definitely kick your butt.

Oh, and tequila? When it's good, it's good but it's definitely not anyone's friend.

--- End quote ---
X2 when talking about Whisky instead of Whiskey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version