Author Topic: Apple/Walnut Stuffed Center Cut Pork Loin with Pomegranite/Blueberry Sauce  (Read 721 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Apple/Walnut Stuffed Center Cut Pork Loin with Pomegranite/Blueberry Sauce
« Reply #-1 on: August 19, 2012, 03:55:37 PM »
Store had some nice looking center cut pork loins on sale for $2.99 a lb. They are perfect for cutting into thick boneless pork chops and for stuffing ;)

First I divided two of the loins into chops, seasoned, and then vac sealed for another day...

Then I butterflied the other two and applied some Penzy's Apple Pie Seasoning on the interior...

Here is a shot of some of the players...

First I cut up the Apples and crushed the Walnuts. Then I sautee'd them in a pan for a few minutes with butter and hickory smoked sugar to get some color and soften a bit...

Then mix in one raw egg(whipped) and 3 slices of bread sectioned into squares...

After that I made a small amount Pomegranite/Blueberry sauce using hickory smoked sugar, POM drink, and butter...

Then I poured that into the stuffing and mixed it...

Time to add the stuffing mix and crumbled blue cheese...

Rolled them up and secured with silicone baking bands. The outside of the loins were coated with Penzy's Rocky Mountain Seasoning...

I pre-heated the Memphis to 450F with a mix of Pecan and Apple wood pellets. Then I put them on the top rack with frog mats in place...

I let them ride at 450F for 10 minutes then I dropped the temp down to 350F. I took them both to a IT of 150F. The smaller one finished first at 1 hour and 20 minutes of cook time. The second one at 1 hour 40 minutes...

Then I pulled and gave them a 20 minute rest...

Made some more sauce but more thickened like a glaze...

Time to carve...

Plated with Santa Fe salad and scallop potatoes with bacon bits. The cut loins were topped with more pomegranite/blueberry sauce...

Was fantastic! Great combo of flavors!

Thanks for looking ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator

I have  Apple/Walnut Stuffed Center Cut Pork Loin with Pomegranite/Blueberry Sauce  envy!!!!!Apple/Walnut Stuffed Center Cut Pork Loin with Pomegranite/Blueberry Sauce envy 
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Don O

My oh my!

What a great presentation.  I bet they tasted wonderful.

Thanks for all your work.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
I think THAT is my favorite of ALL your cooks muebe!!!! Great prep. I know it took some time - but I am betting the results were worth it.

Compliments to the Chef!

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401