Author Topic: Traeger  (Read 3267 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Traeger
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 10:08:39 PM »
What about the idea of adding a side barrel for charcoal or wood chunks and have a tube or something routed to the back side( cut a hole on the back of the traeger). Would having the heat come through the side cook evenly? Or could I add a heat deflector to have the heat spread evenly?
Any thoughts
Thinking on it    Give me time  :D

I am thinking ..vertical rib box - heated with the exhaust stack - uses a harrow disk for a heat diffuser in the near bottom of it...whatcha think Tommy?
Not bad. Something like that would work
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline dane2992

Re: Traeger
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 12:01:38 AM »
What about the idea of adding a side barrel for charcoal or wood chunks and have a tube or something routed to the back side( cut a hole on the back of the traeger). Would having the heat come through the side cook evenly? Or could I add a heat deflector to have the heat spread evenly?
Any thoughts

I am thinking ..vertical rib box - heated with the exhaust stack - uses a harrow disk for a heat diffuser in the near bottom of it...whatcha think Tommy?

Any thoughts

Not bad. Something like that would work
Can the traeger handle the heat? I mean the metal is thin and wouldn't it warp in high heat?