Author Topic: Jowl BLT's and Fresh Corn on the Cob  (Read 884 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Jowl BLT's and Fresh Corn on the Cob
« Reply #-1 on: July 12, 2015, 01:30:43 AM »
Jul 11 2015

It was a beautiful day today! It was sunny, not too hot and not a drop of rain all day! I started early and mowed the front yard, our son came down and mowed the back for me. I had all afternoon to enjoy, smoke the bacon for sandwiches tonight, listen to music and sip some beer. Just me and the dog!

I had two of my favorite things tonight I look forward to every summer about mid-July, fresh tomatoes for BLT’s and fresh corn on the cob! The corn was fresh picked yesterday and I had some smoked jowl bacon for the and fresh tomato for the BLT’s. Sorry about showing the jowl bacon Art, maybe we shouldn’t let everyone know how great it is or the price will skyrocket! My butcher’s side bacon is about $4.75 a pound and the jowl bacon is $2.75!

I smoked the bacon on my Traeger on smoke mode 180 deg. as soon as I got the bacon on I eased it to  275 deg. and that gave me 300 deg. grill level. It took about an hour and then left 5 slices on another 10 minutes. It went in the fridge until supper time.

My wife had lunch with some classmates and did some shopping. When she got home at 5:00 I had the corn cleaned and my steamer pot ready on the Camp Chef. For the corn I just clean some of the outer husks off, trim both ends and steam about 6 minutes in the husks.

I put the CI griddle on to toast the buns and went out and turned the gas burner on. By the time I toasted the buns the water was steaming so I did the corn and took in to make the sandwiches.
My wife had mayo on her BLT and what was left of my pea salad. I had mayo and mustard on my BLT and a small bowl of my leftover beans.

Did that ever taste good! I have had jowl bacon different ways the last 3 meals and corn the last two, so got my bacon and corn fix, at least for a few days!

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Jowl BLT's and Fresh Corn on the Cob
« on: July 12, 2015, 12:35:22 PM »
A classic American sammie done proper  :P :P :P :P
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 01:20:28 PM »
SD, you gotta' take a break on posting these meals.... I am running out of superlatives!

Meantime, I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a sandwich today....
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 01:54:46 PM »
I love it!

Nice thick mater on it!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Pappymn

Jowl BLT's and Fresh Corn on the Cob
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 02:25:07 PM »
Oh yeah
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109