Author Topic: KARUBECUE has landed  (Read 175716 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: KARUBECUE has landed
« Reply #464 on: August 12, 2016, 10:28:40 PM »
Y'all have me in tears over here, lol!!!!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #465 on: August 12, 2016, 10:38:44 PM »
Y'all need to stop this trend...or I am going to be in trouble...Can I come live with someone here if I bring a KARUBEQUE? :D :D :D

Go for it Tee. We will put you up. Monthly rent will be a bottle of Fine Swine. Of course the house beer is original Coors and bedtime is at 8 pm  ;D

Tommy has a new shed you could probably hide out in

Both could be expensive options Gus....Tommy has to keep a fresh supply of Bud Tall Boys on hand to continue domestic peace and tranquility...and  Smoke has to push a lot of Colorado Cool-aide thru his pipes to help out the firemen....tough options.... :D

It is a 55 + community Tee. We got a golf course and a pool and a spa. Heck, they will even teach us shuffleboard.

I gotta new bottle of Aqua Velva for ya....lots of single ladies...........and they run slow  :D :D

SO...if I get a golf cart, hang a mini disco ball from the mirror....and tie a string on to a 6 pack of wobbly pop, and drag it along behind....would they consider that trolling out of season? ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:15:33 PM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline dalefipp

« Reply #466 on: August 12, 2016, 10:55:27 PM »
How long did it take for y'all to receive your KBQ? I am not terribly far away, in Georgia. Amazon had an estimated delivery date of August 26- September 7.

Mine arrived a few weeks earlier than what Amazon estimated. Only took a couple of weeks.

I had a delivery window of Aug 22 - 31.  I ordered from Amazon on Aug 1 and received it on Aug 9...but I'm in the same state as KBQ. 
KARUBECUE! - arrived
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Charbroil Infrared Grill

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #467 on: August 12, 2016, 11:21:33 PM »
Y'all need to stop this trend...or I am going to be in trouble...Can I come live with someone here if I bring a KARUBEQUE? :D :D :D

Go for it Tee. We will put you up. Monthly rent will be a bottle of Fine Swine. Of course the house beer is original Coors and bedtime is at 8 pm  ;D

Tommy has a new shed you could probably hide out in

Both could be expensive options Gus....Tommy has to keep a fresh supply of Bud Tall Boys on hand to continue domestic peace and tranquility...and  Smoke has to push a lot of Colorado Cool-aide thru his pipes to help out the firemen....tough options.... :D

It is a 55 + community Tee. We got a golf course and a pool and a spa. Heck, they will even teach us shuffleboard.

I gotta new bottle of Aqua Velva for ya....lots of single ladies...........and they run slow  :D :D

SO...if I get a golf cart, hang a mini disco ball from the mirror....and tie a string on to a 6 pack of wobbly pop, and drag it along behind....would they consider that trolling out of season? ;D

I am going to sweeten the deal: free bottle of Geritol and Stool Softener every month........this is my final offer...... :D
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #468 on: August 13, 2016, 02:38:18 AM »
The Karubecue is on my list to buy when my finances are much better. Just spent 5K on a lawyer ::)

But I can tell you that Bigg is one of the best cooks I have seen hands down.

Look what he does in a hotel room :D

Seriously though hats off to him. I have seen another cook of his caliber on another forum but they are rare indeed...
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline RG

« Reply #469 on: August 13, 2016, 10:34:14 AM »
I just got an e-mail from Bill, asking if I knew the rigors of using this smoker and he wanted to make sure I fully understood that it requires tending. Very cool of him to check. He said he has it ready to ship. I replied back that I knew all about it and to send it on. I just got another e-mail that it has shipped (label created I imagine, but still!) so I am a little giddy with excitement. It's going to drive me batty waiting on it, lol.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline RG

« Reply #470 on: August 13, 2016, 10:36:19 AM »
WOW! I just checked tracking and it's already at a FedEx! Says it will be here Wednesday the 17th! Woo Hoo! I am happier than a puppy with two peters!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #471 on: August 13, 2016, 11:43:33 AM »

But I can tell you that Bigg is one of the best cooks I have seen hands down.

Look what he does in a hotel room :D

Seriously though hats off to him. I have seen another cook of his caliber on another forum but they are rare indeed...

I agree a 1000%.  I wished I lived closer to him.  The dude is a outstanding chef.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Histrix

« Reply #472 on: August 13, 2016, 04:58:10 PM »
WOW! I just checked tracking and it's already at a FedEx! Says it will be here Wednesday the 17th! Woo Hoo! I am happier than a puppy with two peters!

Hope it doesn't disappoint you!

Offline RG

« Reply #473 on: August 13, 2016, 08:40:27 PM »

I hope it lives up to the hype. If so, I'll be happy happy! I need to get me a truck load of wood delivered now, lol.

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #474 on: August 13, 2016, 10:29:15 PM »
Alrighty fellas, I just ordered the beast. 12 months no interest from Amazon, so that made it easier to get the Warden's approval :P

Let's hope it lives up to the hype or I am a dead man, lol.

I like to compare smokers so I am sure at some point I'll do ribs on the Smokin-It, Keg, Traeger and KBQ and see who reigns supreme. This could also backfire in a BIG way if my cheapest cooker (Traeger) wins ??? Stay tuned!

If you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands at the same Amazon deal, 12 months no interest. What say you?
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline RG

« Reply #475 on: August 14, 2016, 12:18:01 AM »
Alrighty fellas, I just ordered the beast. 12 months no interest from Amazon, so that made it easier to get the Warden's approval :P

Let's hope it lives up to the hype or I am a dead man, lol.

I like to compare smokers so I am sure at some point I'll do ribs on the Smokin-It, Keg, Traeger and KBQ and see who reigns supreme. This could also backfire in a BIG way if my cheapest cooker (Traeger) wins ??? Stay tuned!

If you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands at the same Amazon deal, 12 months no interest. What say you?

ABSOLUTELY! It'll just be $1500.00 shipping ;)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #476 on: August 14, 2016, 10:03:18 AM »

I hope it lives up to the hype. If so, I'll be happy happy! I need to get me a truck load of wood delivered now, lol.

Having a Smokin-It, I am sure you know the good wood chunk outfits are fruitawood, smokinlicous and Maine Grilling woods. I also like the charcoal store.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline RG

« Reply #477 on: August 14, 2016, 03:15:21 PM »
I have it arranged to get an 8 foot truck bed load of oak and hickory delivered, already split, for $100.00.

I'll take a split and cut it in half with my miter saw and should be good to go! The boys over at the SI forum are not on board with it at all, especially Tony! LOL

Lazy-Q is fine and I think the SI is a great smoker but nothing and I do mean NOTHING makes food like a stick burner. It doesn't mean that they don't make really good food, they do. I just know from experience that there is no substitute for a wood only fire. Lump and chunks are good, chunks in an SI are good.......but they have their limitations.

I think it'll be fun to hang around a fire every now and again! If or when I don't feel like it, I'll fire up the SI or Traeger or one of the Kegs, so I have options at least :P

I am an equal opportunity grill/smoker lover so I foresee me really liking what it can do. If not, I'll call a spade a spade and say it's not for me, just like my opinion of the PBC. Got it, tried it, like the idea of it and love the story behind it and the owners, not a huge fan of the food it puts out but hey, that's just me. I'm weird that way.

Offline RG

« Reply #478 on: August 16, 2016, 07:33:27 AM »
Well I am having a little bit of a buzzkill this morning. When I ordered the KBQ on Saturday, Bill quickly sent me tracking inifo and it said it would be to me on Wednesday. I just checked tracking and it hasn't even left Texas yet, basically it's only had a shipping label created and didn't ship out Monday like expected :(

Bummer. I hope it  makes it by the weekend.