Author Topic: New Myron Mixon Branded "Spitfire" Cooker  (Read 4835 times)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: New Myron Mixon Branded "Spitfire" Cooker
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 04:42:47 PM »
Maybe it is just me, but wouldn't anyone familiar enough with Myron realize that him lending his name to a cooker that has nothing to do with his style of cooking is pretty meaningless?  Add to that the joke that was his pellet cooker...
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 08:56:08 PM »
Myron is all about the Benjamins.......as far as I am concerned....he aint keeping it real.............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Gavelwrench

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 05:31:55 PM »
I'm interested in this, though I'm not sure if it's really worth the price tag for it being a charcoal grill (vs. a smoker).  At least with the "Myron Mixon Smokers" line he actually is somewhat involved with the design and development of these things and working with the manufacturer (unlike that Q3 pellet grill made by a different company that just slapped his name on it).  I've heard good things about the smokers they produce so I'd imagine this grill is high quality.... just not sure I want to drop that kind of money to find out!

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 09:52:13 PM »
Mixon lives about 35 minutes from here.

I don't know where the grills are made.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 10:56:10 PM »
Just a couple things that have been noteworthy for me: Powder coated cookers can be problematic. Some companies do a really good job - some do not. (Rec Tec's powder coating is pretty good).

Design complexity: The Myron Mixon unit in the link above appears to have an awful lot of doors, hinges, cranks,...in other words - moving parts. Moving parts and hot greasy smoke AND powder coating in places that can wear from that movement....present a real potential P.I.A. Powder coating can't just be  "touched up" like a paint.
And - that it is designed for grilling - in that the design looks like an enlarged Hasty Bake as another member observed.

If I wanted to budget that approx. amount of money - I would look at the Yoder in this link :http://www.yodersmokers.com/santafe-trailer.html

It offers about the same cooking area, has a gas assist for lighting, is an offset with a firebox that has a grate you can grill on ( if you build your fire below the grate, a fuel storage box up front, and a pot heating plate on top of the firebox.

And - perhaps best of all...it is a Yoder. They are heavy built - and quality of construction second to none. Oh - and...when the paint begins to look shabby...Rustoleum high temp black - makes it look new again! ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401