Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Ask A Butcher!

Whole top Sirloin cutting up

(1/4) > >>

Keymaster:
Would anyone recommend cutting up a whole top sirloin this way. I picked up a 19 pounder for $2.79/Lb kryopacked and have been hesitant on how I'm going to cut it up.

drholly:
That looks like an excellent plan to me - but we have our own resident butcher on board - what do you say Rummm?

ACW3:
I like what he did and how he explained everything.  He made it look easy.  Thank you for posting.

Art

spuds:
I just started buying primals and its not that hard at all.I made a few mistakes but you will catch on real quick and make sure your knife is crazy sharp,makes all the difference.Restaurant Depot has super deals of under 3 dollar/ lb primal cuts of beef,and last one I did,my second Top Sirloin bottom,17 lbs,was surprisingly tender plus great burger meat too.My third attempt should be downright nice,these videos are AWESOME!

Try it ,you might really like it.

Keymaster:
I followed the guys advice in the video. My cuts aren't quite as nice as his but they will cook on the BBQ or broiler. Pictures below.

Not Much waste

All done and packaged, I had two roast with stakes.

I think if I continue to do this I need a good butchers knife like a scimitar or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version