Author Topic: Got a New Kitchen Toy  (Read 32106 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Got a New Kitchen Toy
« Reply #-1 on: January 25, 2016, 11:23:01 PM »
an 25 2016

I got a new kitchen toy today; a Ninja Model 1100 food processor. I had a Kitchen Aid for years and loved it; it finally wore out. The only thing I didn’t like was the clean up afterwards. It had two top blades for slicing veggies and grating cheese. The first time I tried to grate cheese; some cheddar, I had a mess and ruined the top. Kitchen Aid sent me a new top but I never grated cheese again. The slicer worked good but only used it a few times. I could slice veggies on a cutting board with less trouble cleaning up.

I didn’t want to pay the price of a new Kitchen Aid so did a lot of research and bought a Hamilton Beach. I never liked that thing; still a pain to clean up. I was thinking of getting a smaller one without the feed tube on top since I never used it anyway except to pour liquid in. I was at Walmart today and saw this Ninja, I liked the idea that it came with dough hooks. I always wanted a Kitchen Aid Mixer with the dough hooks and paddles but they were too expensive for no more than I would use it.

I decided to buy this one and will see how I like it. I think Pam said she has a Ninja that she likes.
an 25 2016

I got a new kitchen toy today; a Ninja Model 1100 food processor. I had a Kitchen Aid for years and loved it; it finally wore out. The only thing I didn’t like was the clean up afterwards. It had two top blades for slicing veggies and grating cheese. The first time I tried to grate cheese; some cheddar, I had a mess and ruined the top. Kitchen Aid sent me a new top but I never grated cheese again. The slicer worked good but only used it a few times. I could slice veggies on a cutting board with less trouble cleaning up.

I didn’t want to pay the price of a new Kitchen Aid so did a lot of research and bought a Hamilton Beach. I never liked that thing; still a pain to clean up. I was thinking of getting a smaller one without the feed tube on top since I never used it anyway except to pour liquid in. I was at Walmart today and saw this Ninja, I liked the idea that it came with dough hooks. I always wanted a Kitchen Aid Mixer with the dough hooks and paddles but they were too expensive for no more than I would use it.

I decided to buy this one and will see how I like it. I think Pam said she has a Ninja that she likes.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Got a New Kitchen Toy
« on: January 25, 2016, 11:26:14 PM »
Now that looks like a fancy Daiquiri maker..... :D :D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 01:53:51 AM »
an 25 2016

an 25 2016

Smokin Don
Don..I like the looks of that with all the extra equipment and all..I do not have a Ninja..I have the KitchenAid Mixer and food processor that I make all that kind of stuff in. My brother just got one of those tho. I used it in Florida a few months ago..I really like it and cleanup is a breeze. A couple drops of soap and soem water and zip, it's clean..Ya did good. Lemme know how your bread dough turns out. My KA has a plastic blade to process the dough with, I see you have a plastic blade also.    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 08:26:48 AM »
Keep us all posted on how well your Ninja works over time.  It is always good to have options in case our food processor decides to quit on us.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline muralboy

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 08:59:01 AM »
Looks nice and compact. Let's see some ninja magic though!
Keep Calm And Smoke On

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 09:53:55 AM »
Lots of people seem to be really happy with them Don!

Nice addition to your kitchen arsenal.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 10:18:03 AM »
Don, I have the same Ninja, have had it for 3 years and works perfect!   I made a smoothie last night as a matter of fact  ;)

only issue I ever had is the top seal seals so good it's a little hard to remove but that goes away after a few uses.

Congrats, your gonna love it 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION