Author Topic: Had to have one  (Read 1292 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Had to have one
« Reply #-1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:04:39 PM »
So most know I bought a weber Performer Permium for my son in law this weekend. The price was 199.99. A great deal sinc they are usually 349.00.
 I knew the floor model was still at the store for the sale price.  I went to the HD by work, they had a unit but not on sale. I showed them the picture of the sale tag. They called the other store and said I had to go back there to get the price.
 So off I went, when I got there the lady asked if I was the person they called about? She said she couldn't believe they made me drive to her store. She said the policy is to price match period.
I told her I didn't mind because of the price. She gave me another 10 % off ! Then I told her I was going to buy one of the Brinkman gas grills too since they are on close out and pretty cheap. She then gave me 10% off on it too!
 Good day. Now to order some Grill Grates for the Brinkman...
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Had to have one
« on: February 01, 2016, 08:09:42 PM »
So most know I bought a weber Performer Permium for my son in law this weekend. The price was 199.99. A great deal sinc they are usually 349.00.
 I knew the floor model was still at the store for the sale price.  I went to the HD by work, they had a unit but not on sale. I showed them the picture of the sale tag. They called the other store and said I had to go back there to get the price.
 So off I went, when I got there the lady asked if I was the person they called about? She said she couldn't believe they made me drive to her store. She said the policy is to price match period.
I told her I didn't mind because of the price. She gave me another 10 % off ! Then I told her I was going to buy one of the Brinkman gas grills too since they are on close out and pretty cheap. She then gave me 10% off on it too!

We bought some windows from HD this year & I was amazed at how nice everyone was at our store & on the phone.......compared to lowes where we had a real problem......One up for HD   Enjoy the grills
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pappymn

Had to have one
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:24:31 PM »

That was a really dumb statement by the first home Depot. They are all company stores, not a franchise.

Glad the second store did the right thing! And another great deal.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline hikerman

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 09:13:11 PM »
Great to hear Terry! You deserved those discounts!
This is very telling of our national problem. I don't want this to be turned into anything political....'cause it isn't. This country has more than it's fair-share of bad managers making bad decisions, chasing customs away.
I try to spend my money where i am appreciated for being a customer.

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 08:58:12 AM »

This is very telling of our national problem.
That sums up my experiences with HD,no more.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 10:25:59 AM »
HD's mistake worked out in my favor.So I'm really not upset with them all that much this time...   With 10% off the already marked down prices I ended up only paying $97.00 for the Brinkmann 5 burner gasser...  It's got stainless burners and with a little help on the cabinet I bet it will last longer and have less maintenance than the $600 Char-Broil Red which has been a maintenance nightmare. 
 In fact HD here by work has one of the higher end Brinkmanns (if that's possible) for 60% off. If it sits there a couple more weeks I'm going to offer $100 dollars for it too.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »
Congrats on some "smokin" deals  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 01:43:54 PM »
Wow, Terry, that was a sweet deal for sure!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 03:00:22 PM »
HD's mistake worked out in my favor.So I'm really not upset with them all that much this time...   With 10% off the already marked down prices I ended up only paying $97.00 for the Brinkmann 5 burner gasser...  It's got stainless burners and with a little help on the cabinet I bet it will last longer and have less maintenance than the $600 Char-Broil Red which has been a maintenance nightmare. 
 In fact HD here by work has one of the higher end Brinkmanns (if that's possible) for 60% off. If it sits there a couple more weeks I'm going to offer $100 dollars for it too.

I got to check my HD in CT.....But Do I need another grill LOL........I won't ask my wife....good luck with your new extended family  ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline hikerman

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 06:02:47 PM »

Terry we had a similar if not the same grill many years ago. It was a beast! 4 zone grill and two side-burners, all stainless steel. Was a nice grill for about eight years then everything started going bad at once. Nursed it along for two more yearsand then it went to grill heaven!

Offline RAD

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 06:09:32 PM »
That was a great deal. Which HD did you find them at?
Love to cook and eat

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 09:16:52 PM »
Ray, Foley had the Weber's . I bought both. I do have pics of the tags though.
 Brinkman has filed bankruptcy and closed down. All the HD stores are liquidating their entire stock.
Make them an offer even if it has a yellow tag. They might take it.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 12:07:56 AM »
Great to hear Terry! You deserved those discounts!
This is very telling of our national problem. I don't want this to be turned into anything political....'cause it isn't. This country has more than it's fair-share of bad managers making bad decisions, chasing customs away.
I try to spend my money where i am appreciated for being a customer.

Terry, I am glad it worked out so well for you.
Gene has a great point - it is NOT political, it is corporate dumbness - typical "store managers" make very little money, work stupid long hours, receive little training in customer care or even customer service, and are measured by strict sales / profit measures that have little to do with taking care of a customer or building a business. I have owned my own business's and worked for corporations in retail and marketing, and outside sales. As an owner, I understood what it took to build a customer base and encourage repeat purchases. Working for the corporate store (whose mission statement speaks of customer care) my compensation strictly encouraged NOT caring about the customer or repeat business.

OK off my soap box tonight. Again, Terry, good for you!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #