Cured Meats & Food Preservation > Pickling & Canning

Help needed for canning spaghetti sauce

<< < (2/4) > >>

TMB:
Thanks for the info guys,  one guy I talked with said if the sauce has meat in it I have to pressure can the sauce not water bath.

I have a lot to study it seems but that's half the fun!

Pam Gould:
Tommy..I don't like canning meat, personal preference...cut an X in the bottom of the maters then dip tomatoes in boiling water for about 45 seconds, take out and put in a bowl of cold water with ice cubes in it to stop the cooking. Let sit for a minute and skins will peel right off. So easy.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

TMB:

--- Quote from: Pam Gould on March 03, 2016, 09:28:08 AM ---Tommy..I don't like canning meat, personal preference...cut an X in the bottom of the maters then dip tomatoes in boiling water for about 45 seconds, take out and put in a bowl of cold water with ice cubes in it to stop the cooking. Let sit for a minute and skins will peel right off. So easy.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

--- End quote ---
I like meat sauce and the idea was to can the meat sauce, now canning non-meat sauce would work with a water bath but I'm a meat guy  ;)

May just stick to freezing then vacuum sealing, sounds like the easiest way just got to figure on how to fill the bags without getting sauce all over the top where the seal is.

muebe:

--- Quote from: TMB on March 03, 2016, 09:34:19 AM ---May just stick to freezing then vacuum sealing, sounds like the easiest way just got to figure on how to fill the bags without getting sauce all over the top where the seal is.

--- End quote ---

Just fill your jerky gun(if you got one) full of sauce and shoot the sauce into the bottom of the bag then seal...

hikerman:
Tommy whenever I want to vac-seal anything with liquid in it, I fold back a 2" - 3" collar on the bag, place the bag in a square storage container (Tupperware/Rubbermaid etc.) fill bag to predetermined level and place all on a tray and place in freezer until solid enough to vac-seal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version