Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Garden to Table - Growing Your Own!

Spuds 2016 Garden

<< < (5/5)

spuds:
The tomatoes so far

lots of sweet 100's coming on

Im using potting soil and mulch.water morning and night.Every few days I use water from aquaponic tanks.So far pretty good,fair production,late start.Will do again next year as economical on water use,and easy to fertilize,has real potential.

SmokinKat:
Mmmm those look great!   Love those sweet 100 plants, they just keep on giving!  My tomatoes have finally started taking off too, at long last...

Everything in my garden was slowed down due to a major bone head move on my part... I'd set up an automatic watering timer for when James and I went on our Alaska trip, so the kid house-sitting didn't have to fuss with anything.  But the dang program didn't save, so my poor garden was thirsty for a couple of weeks before I realized what was (not) going on.    Thankfully we've had really mild temperatures so far most of this summer, so nothing died, just took way longer to get up and start producing!   That'll teach me to try and be clever!  ::)

spuds:
Got my seedlings started,so far peppers... pepperocinos,plabamo,red cherry and sweet peppers from saved seed,have a couple more in the germination tray.Have purple heirloom tomatoes of a few different varieties,and green and purple tomatillos.Some basil and marigolds too.All doing great on the heat mat between 73-80F.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version