Author Topic: Mrs. RG cooking for me! Beef Ribs and Shorties  (Read 1809 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Mrs. RG cooking for me! Beef Ribs and Shorties
« Reply #-1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:31:32 AM »
I know that I am new here so y'all don't know of my Wife. She and I at one time were on another forum together and she proved herself over there. She can cook with the best of them. Since I made the Cuban sammies Saturday she wanted to cook dinner yesterday, so I let her DUH!!! I am not that stupid :P

The one thing about having various cooking equipment is that we have choices when it comes time to cook. We can cook on one thing or cook something on all of'em if we have a lot of folks to feed. Yesterday she felt like cooking on both the pellet grills so that's what she did! She put some beef ribs on the Pit Boss and some boneless short ribs on the Traeger. In the oven she made some potato stacks and I made up some garlic cheese bread. Our Son whipped up a Caesar salad to go with it all.

The shorties were disappointing as most were like eating a charcoal briquette but I figured I'd share the post anyway. I can't only share the successes, the failures are a part of it too! The shorties were wrapped in foil but she should've added some braising liquid but didn't. She normally cooks them indirect on her Keg 5000 but she didn't feel like cleaning it out, lighting the lump and waiting on the temp to rise so she pressed the easy button and didn't get what she was hoping for. All of my cookers cook different and she just got reminded of that, lol. Needless to say, it was still pretty dang good overall! She has oodles of other cooks that I may share on here just to coax her in to joining this forum ;)

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
Re: Mrs. RG cooking for me! Beef Ribs and Shorties
« on: April 04, 2016, 11:54:42 AM »
I haven't seen anything Steph cooks that isn't eatworthy(Lol........). Looks great to me! Tell her hey for me!
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline RG

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 12:00:10 PM »
Will do ;)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 12:51:52 PM »
Like someone told me a while back if you ate it, it's not a failure! Looks like a fine meal to me!!! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 05:08:51 PM »
The nice thing about our family here is nobody needs to "prove" anything.  :)  We love pics of cooks whether they come out good or just so-so......sometimes I go stretches where the bad cooks out-weigh the good...just get back in the old chimney starter and fire the pit up and get back at it.

I tell ya, those beef ribs look moist and tender, if that was a so-so cook, I can hardly wait to see when she nails it  8) :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pappymn

Mrs. RG cooking for me! Beef Ribs and Shorties
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 05:42:34 PM »
I like your salad to meat ratio.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 05:46:57 PM »
The nice thing about our family here is nobody needs to "prove" anything.  :)  We love pics of cooks whether they come out good or just so-so......sometimes I go stretches where the bad cooks out-weigh the good...just get back in the old chimney starter and fire the pit up and get back at it.

I tell ya, those beef ribs look moist and tender, if that was a so-so cook, I can hardly wait to see when she nails it  8) :)

Totally agree with Smoke! Also why not just have your wife sign on as a member of this great group? We are all friendly, helpful and not
better than anyone else.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline RG

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 09:16:22 PM »

Totally agree with Smoke! Also why not just have your wife sign on as a member of this great group? We are all friendly, helpful and not
better than anyone else.

I asked her to join us but she's kind of burned out on BBQ forum stuff. She was REALLY into it for a while, as was I, but the magic fizzled a bit and not to go into a long tirade but the last place that we were both contributors at, I left it due to some nonsense and she remained. So I think that she just is letting me have this place to myself and she lurks around our old stomping grounds. Like was said above, she has nothing to prove and she just posts on occasion over there. She may, in time, join us here. We shall see.

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 02:53:26 AM »
Those beef ribs still look pretty killer!
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 02:55:07 AM »
WOW!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #