Recipes > Breakfast/Brunch Ideas!

Fancified Bologna Omelette

(1/2) > >>

Cajunate:
This morning I was hungry for an omelet and since we usually have sliced ham on hand I thought about making it a ham and cheese omelet.
Well, as luck would have it there WAS no ham but there was sliced bologna. After thinking about it for like half a second I decided to griddle some sliced bologna and change up the idea. I cut the baloney into strips and went outside and snipped some young tender green onions that were sliced up and set aside.

The Omelette done!

The sliced green onions were beaten into the eggs and the filling was cream cheese, finely shredded cheddar cheese and the fried bologna strips.

I'm not sure if it's possible to make bologna more elegant than like this. This was a darn fine omellete!

After eating the omelet the saltiness left me wanting something sweet so using sliced strawberries I set to macerate in it's own juices with just sugar added to them I threw a quick little sweetness to followup the salty bologna.

It was exactly what was needed! Mmmmmm...........!!!!!

Savannahsmoker:
Man I sure do like that dessert :)

HighOnSmoke:
Both look real tasty!

Pam Gould:
I like it all..love a whole loaf of bologna on the rotisserie basted with Frank's.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Pappymn:
That's a man breakfast

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version