Author Topic: Potluck Dinner - Cooked on various cookers  (Read 2367 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Potluck Dinner - Cooked on various cookers
« Reply #-1 on: April 24, 2016, 09:12:32 PM »
Every once in a while I like to do a bunch of cooking at once. Eat some of it and vac seal & freeze the rest for quick meals in the future. Today we did some cooking and ate a little bit of everything! My Wife even got in on the action. She wanted to test out a recipe for the party we're having in June. She lit up her Keg 5000 and grilled ip some skewers of chicken, mushrooms, red pepper and pineapples. All marinated in sesame oil, soy, ginger and some other odds and ends.

While she was doing that, I had a rack of St. Louis trimmed spares on the Pit Boss Pellet Grill. I marinated them over night in root beer and applied a Memphis rub my Wife had made up from the last batch of ribs she did. Smoked with Maple Pellets. Half the rack I kept dry and the other half was mopped in a root beer BBQ sauce I made up. I also made a pan of whiskey baked beans and put them on the Traeger, again with Maple Pellets. While all of that was happening, I cleaned out and reseasoned my Smokin-It #3. Not much else better than to smell smoke and lump charcoal burning out of 4 different cookers. I should've fired up the other 2 Kegs and the Pit Barrel and the Gasser just to stretch all of their legs, lol.

Also made time to simmer a pot of brisket chili all day, stirring here and there and the house smelled wonderful! The picture of the pot of chili looks terrible, it doesn't do it justice! Mrs. RG fired up her new kitchen toy, the air fryer which uses VERY little oil and does a pretty dang good job. She cut up some taters for homemade fries. So, we had all of the skewered stuff, ribs, beans, fries and chili. It felt like we were at a buffet, lol.

Into the fridge will go the beans and chili, vac seal tomorrow. I like to let it chill for a bit before freezing. It always tastes better the next day ;)

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Potluck Dinner - Cooked on various cookers
« on: April 24, 2016, 09:56:55 PM »
Everything might taste better the next day but I sure would've liked a plate of all that goodness today  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 10:00:37 PM »
Every once in a while I like to do a bunch of cooking at once. Eat some of it and vac seal & freeze the rest for quick meals in the future. Today we did some cooking and ate a little bit of everything! My Wife even got in on the action. She wanted to test out a recipe for the party we're having in June. She lit up her Keg 5000 and grilled ip some skewers of chicken, mushrooms, red pepper and pineapples. All marinated in sesame oil, soy, ginger and some other odds and ends.

While she was doing that, I had a rack of St. Louis trimmed spares on the Pit Boss Pellet Grill. I marinated them over night in root beer and applied a Memphis rub my Wife had made up from the last batch of ribs she did. Smoked with Maple Pellets. Half the rack I kept dry and the other half was mopped in a root beer BBQ sauce I made up. I also made a pan of whiskey baked beans and put them on the Traeger, again with Maple Pellets. While all of that was happening, I cleaned out and reseasoned my Smokin-It #3. Not much else better than to smell smoke and lump charcoal burning out of 4 different cookers. I should've fired up the other 2 Kegs and the Pit Barrel and the Gasser just to stretch all of their legs, lol.

Also made time to simmer a pot of brisket chili all day, stirring here and there and the house smelled wonderful! The picture of the pot of chili looks terrible, it doesn't do it justice! Mrs. RG fired up her new kitchen toy, the air fryer which uses VERY little oil and does a pretty dang good job. She cut up some taters for homemade fries. So, we had all of the skewered stuff, ribs, beans, fries and chili. It felt like we were at a buffet, lol.

Into the fridge will go the beans and chili, vac seal tomorrow. I like to let it chill for a bit before freezing. It always tastes better the next day ;)

I hear you have a room for rent in your house I'll take it ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D  It all looks great
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 10:11:17 PM »
Looks amazing!

What a spread!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 11:38:50 PM »
Looks like some fine cooking!!! All looks delicious!!! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline grossie

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 09:18:12 AM »
Looks like you had a great day. That meal looks amazing.
Is that kernel corn in your chili?
PBC
Cabela's Ultimate Cookstation
Pizza oven for above
TBE
BEESR

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 09:35:02 AM »
Great looking meal!  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 09:37:18 AM »
That's a bunch of great meals there! I don't know where I'd start.
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 09:57:17 AM »
Looks like you had a great day. That meal looks amazing.
Is that kernel corn in your chili?
Indeed it is. I know it's weird but it works, lol. It works for me! Caj has had it, he can tell you if it's good or not. I am partial to it so of course I will say it's good, lol.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 01:21:46 PM »
I'm with The Smoke - would like some today. But, some very good ideas! Emma graduates this year, the party is in June - I've bookmarked this for ideas as we get closer to the day. Thank you!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #