Author Topic: Mrs. RG is at it again!  (Read 2910 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: Mrs. RG is at it again!
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 09:13:22 PM »
I had thought that Caj was going to give the "How-To" on the chicken since he's the one who shared with Steph (my wife) and I. The secret is cornstarch. She adds it to her seasoned flour and the chicken gets a little olive oil action (not like Popeye mind you) and then apply the cornstarched (yeah, that's a word) flour to the chicken pieces. Cook at about three fitty until done.

As for the potatoes, those are called Hasselback Potatoes. You cut them about 3/4" way down into slices. Fill the wedges with butter and season. Cook either in oven or on grill, top with cheese right at the end. For something really great, sprinkle with bacon salt. Hallelujah that's some good eatin'!!!!
Thanks. Any proportion on the floor /corn starch mixture?

A cup of seasoned flour and a half cup of cornstarch. Scratch the olive oil!! I was wrong! Dip the chicken in the mixture once it's patted VERY DRY! Shake off ALL excess, you want a VERY light coating.

See, this is what happens when I wing it, lol. I had to ask Mrs. RG since she was available to ask and I could hear that "You're a dumba**" tone in her voice lol.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 08:12:32 AM by Regular Guy »
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Mrs. RG is at it again!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 10:21:23 PM »
Chicken and taters look great. I love "fried" chicken off of pellet grills.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32