Author Topic: Next traeger upgrade  (Read 1744 times)

Offline ff13375

Next traeger upgrade
« Reply #-1 on: July 02, 2016, 10:43:38 AM »
So wife told me I only have room on the deck for one grill. So I sold the gas gril and the masterbuilt smoker. So with the money I got from selling I am going to put into the lil tex. I already have the front shelf, seal kit and ordered the downdraft. So I guess the next mod would be the controller. Is it worth upgrading the controller? If so what's the best one for the lil tex

Offline ff13375

Re: Next traeger upgrade
« on: July 02, 2016, 10:44:22 AM »
So wife told me I only have room on the deck for one grill. So I sold the gas gril and the masterbuilt smoker. So with the money I got from selling I am going to put into the lil tex. I already have the front shelf, seal kit and ordered the downdraft. So I guess the next mod would be the controller. Is it worth upgrading the controller? If so what's the best one for the lil tex

Offline Hub

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 11:17:54 AM »
The Savannah Stoker is the only way to fly  ;D

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline rwalters

Next traeger upgrade
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 12:34:35 PM »
When all is said and done, it sounds like you're going to have one heck of a nice Traeger! But, no chance of sneaking a small charcoal grill into the mix? Gotta have something for those high heat direct sears buddy ;)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline ff13375

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 12:39:31 PM »
So what makes the savannah stoker better then the pellet pro or the blazn grill works? At some point I will get a charcoal in the mix just have to wait a little bit.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 12:50:18 PM »
So what makes the savannah stoker better then the pellet pro or the blazn grill works? At some point I will get a charcoal in the mix just have to wait a little bit.
The Savannah Stoker is plug and play, with my 07E it was just a matter of unplugging the old and plugging it in and I was in business. It worked out great for me and I am real happy with the way it holds temps. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 03:19:28 PM »
Savannah Stoker is what I ran in two Traegers and am using in my Royall RG200 and Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron.
Along with the ability of numerous parameter adjustments the Savannah Stoker Version 4 has an improved Auto-Relight program, a 3 Stage Cooking Program, and a Food Sensor.  Also includes the controller, a grill temperature sensor, and the food probe.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:29:27 PM by Savannahsmoker »
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline muralboy

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 07:01:10 PM »
also look at the PID from Smoke Daddy Inc. I know of several who have and are very happy
Keep Calm And Smoke On

Offline 82corvette

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »
Not badmouthing the Traeger but why not checkout Blaz'n Grill Works. They are made in the USA out of heavy steel and have a great controller. My Grid Iron holds heat perfectly everytime. It smokes great and will hold 500 degrees easily searing a steak. I have had mine over 2 years with no problems.