Author Topic: Smoked Sauerkraut Brats on the Griddle  (Read 577 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Smoked Sauerkraut Brats on the Griddle
« Reply #-1 on: July 12, 2016, 12:36:46 AM »
July 11 2016

I am sure glad I had an easy meal planned for supper; it was pushing 90 deg. out there. We have not had any rain to amount to much the past few weeks. I haven’t had to mow grass but it is starting to turn brown.

I had some sauerkraut brats from Kah Meats and would have a Romaine salad with some Tennessee tomatoes. I had two ears of corn from last night that I didn’t batter; I just fried them in the oil for 3 minutes. I cut it from the ears and told the wife if it wasn’t good we didn’t have to eat it.

I got the brats on my Traeger at 195 deg. to smoke for an hour.  After I got them on I put the corn in a Lodge CI server with two pats of butter, a little garlic herb salt and it went on the smoker; it should be good and hot to serve. I sliced two Vidalia onions and cut in half to do on the griddle for the brats.

At 5:45 I fired up the Camp Chef griddle; it only takes about 10 minutes to get up to temp. I had it set for about 500 deg. At 6:00 I put the onions on and then added the brats from my smoker. I added two pats of butter to the onions. It only took a few minutes on each side for the brats and the onions were just about right. I took them inside to serve and got the corn from my smoker.

We both had onions and mustard on the brats. I had blue cheese dressing on the salad my wife had made. It was a pretty good supper for a hot summer evening. We both thought the corn was extra good.

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Savannahsmoker

Re: Smoked Sauerkraut Brats on the Griddle
« on: July 12, 2016, 01:56:15 AM »
I do like brats but I see you make um better than me. :) ;D
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 03:04:16 AM »
I love corn like that and have had Don's brats before..yummm to all of it..  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline hikerman

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 07:33:38 AM »
Nice meal Don! I do love my griddle!
It's been jungle hot here lately too, but storms rolling in this afternoon....hope it blows the humidity out!