Cured Meats & Food Preservation > Dehydrating

Bacon Honey Siracha Jerky

(1/3) > >>

nepas:
YEUUUUUUUP  :D

Time to make the bacon jerky.

Last night i cut each piece in half, did the racked cook at 200*
Put the slices in a brown paper bag and went into the fridge.
This morning im putting in the dehydrator at a temp of 150* for 2 hours, i will flip each slice at the 1 hour mark then i will begin the honey siracha glaze. The racks i have are 3 full and 3 empty with staggered, i do this to disrupt the air flow in the dehydrator. Bacon is just a tad over 3/4lb.

Oh y'all want the recipe do ya?

½ lb thick cut bacon
2 tb sriracha sauce
2 tb raw honey

Instructions
Drape each slice on a baking rack that's fitted on a baking sheet to collect the grease.
Cut in half for easier handling.
Bake at 200* {or your lowest heat setting} for 2-3 hours. Occasionally, blot each piece.

If using a dehydrator {which is much easier} transfer to a dehydrator, temp at 160*. If not, continue in the oven. Half way in, flavor with anything you want.
Brush each slice with a combination of sriracha and honey.
Allow the dehydrator {or oven} to go for 3-4 hours or until its reached your desired texture. It will take longer in the oven.

sliding_billy:
I don't need the recipe, but I do need a shipment.

smokeasaurus:

--- Quote from: sliding_billy on August 08, 2016, 07:39:09 AM ---I don't need the recipe, but I do need a shipment.

--- End quote ---

X2

KyNola:
Watching this one!

tailfeathers:

--- Quote from: KyNola on August 08, 2016, 10:33:50 AM ---Watching this one!

--- End quote ---
Gonna give this a try when I make my next batch of bacon. What I have on hand isn't sliced thick enough I don't think. Mrs TF prefers bacon that isn't very thick so we normally slice it about average "store bought" thickness when we package it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version