General > Competition Related Information

A day in the life part II

<< < (5/5)

BAM1:
Hey Tommy after we got back from Georgia that spring I built us our own BP table so one of these years you and Kimmy get up to Iowa we'll bust it out

TMB:

--- Quote from: BAM1 on August 13, 2016, 11:54:07 AM ---Hey Tommy after we got back from Georgia that spring I built us our own BP table so one of these years you and Kimmy get up to Iowa we'll bust it out

--- End quote ---
OH I love IT!!   Except it should be crimson and white  :D :D :D :D :D :D  Roll Tide ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

BAM1:

--- Quote from: teesquare on August 12, 2016, 09:57:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: BAM1 on August 12, 2016, 10:41:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: muebe on August 12, 2016, 10:30:34 AM ---Very cool post.

Thanks for sharing how the "operation" works.

Now you say you do your ribs in the smoker for how long and what temp? :P

--- End quote ---

Until there done 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Tim are you making ribs or doing yoga.  I don't know about lifting, bending, cracking in the middle, 30 45%.   8) 8) 8)

--- End quote ---

Funny ;D...but I think the intent was to seek your advice - not to compete - but to get a better feel for how to do "completion style ribs" at home. SO - I will answer that for you ;):

muebe - You can cook ribs @20-275F depending on how you want to do them - and time allowed. Most comp. guys are now cooking at 275F - some even higher to compress the time in order to make their turn in time. Doneness is a feel. Usually the toothpick probing for tenderness - but not "like butter"..... And when you lift the ribs in the center with a pair of tongs - they will surface crack, and flex at between 30-45 degrees to the grill grate.

Over done ribs will bend further - and not have the decide texture and "bite" - that is - the idea is to have the meat done to the point that one bite onto, and with a gentle tug, the meat comes off the bone cleanly. Not too much pull - but not done tot eh point of being "meat mush". "Fall off the bone" ribs are NOT what competition style ribs are.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version