Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Cooking Equipment - Tips

Need some advice please

(1/2) > >>

Pam Gould:
Hi..I am looking for a large butchers knife with a longer blade..I am cutting up tons of cabbage for sauerkraut and what I have is doing the trick but I want bigger.  Any suggestions? doesn't have to be expensive either. My bade is 8", am thinking 12" would be great. I think I want the carbon steel unless someone has a better idea..I want a hefty knife.  Thanks in advance guys.  Pam  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 

TwoPockets:
Pam I have several Ontario knives. They are old school high carbon steel knives. Some of mine are my Mom's that at least 60 years old and still function well. I bought one of the 10 inch butcher knives not long ago and love it. They have knives for every need you might have. It might take a little more effort to get that good edge on a carbon blade but they hold it much longer that those stainless steel blades. The blades get a great patina with age.

https://ontarioknife.com/cutlery/old-hickory

hikerman:
Pam google usuba knife. It's a Japanese vegetable knife and might be easier for you to muscle through a head of cabbage.

Pappymn:
The 10 inch Mercer knife I posted about the other day would handle that pretty easy

Pam Gould:
Pappy..I was at the campground..didn't catch that post..can you repost..please..I am looking for the usable part of the blade to be 10", not 10" overall.  Thanks   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version