Recipes > Desserts

A Better No Bake Peanut Butter Pie

(1/1)

Smokin Don:
Aug 27 2016

This is a better no bake peanut butter pie I thought than the Smucker’s I posted. The Smucker’s was too heavy and way too sweet for me. I got the recipe from Emeril at food.net. Our daughter in law said hers was just like it so here is her recipe.

8 oz. cream cheese at room temp. I used the 1/3 less fat
1 cup of powdered sugar
½ cup creamy peanut butter, I used Jif all natural
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 graham cracker crumb crust 9 inch

With a mixer blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter until nice and creamy.

In another bowl mix the heavy cream and vanilla with the mixer until thickened and forming peaks.

Pour about a third of the whipped cream in with the peanut butter mix and blend in then add the rest and blend well. Pour all this into the crumb crust and smooth to even out.

Add whatever you like for a topping, melted chocolate, crushed peanuts or some brickle. I had some Butterfingers new Peanut Butter Cups I placed on top. Place in the freezer for an hour to set up then remove to the fridge. Let pie set out 15 to 30 minutes before serving.

The kids brought pizza from Sandman’s for our supper and then we had the pie for dessert. We all loved the pie, nice and creamy, light peanut butter taste and not overly sweet. If you use the peanut butter cups like I did don’t add until serving; mine were pretty well frozen yet.

Smokin Don

ACW3:
Going to have to give this a try after I return home.  Bookmarked.

Art

Tailgating is my game:
May I have a slice with two PB cups ;) ;) ;) ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version