Recipes > Desserts

Drunken Pineapple

(1/1)

Redsparow1:
I have posted this on a few forums I participate in because it came out so well.  The other day I wanted to do a Brazilian themed cook for my Olympic Opening Ceremony watch party.  I got a lot of great suggestions, but the one that really stuck with me was a recommendation to do a rotisserie style pineapple.  It just so happens recently I had a very sober pineapple sitting on my counter the and a grill that was still hot outside, so I figured I would give it a shot. The original recommendation suggested I coat the pineapple with a cherry rub, but I didn't have that in my pantry.

Steps:

1) Chop off crown and base of pineapple

2) Peel the Pineapple but cutting off the peel with 6—8 cuts

3) Inject the pineapple with a rum of your choice (I used Trader Vic’s Dark Rum and this is why I call it “Drunken Pineapple”)

4) Sprinkle turbinado sugar on the pineapple flesh

5) Spear the pineapple through the core with the spit and install forks

6) Install rotisserie on a hot grill

7) Cook for approximately 30 minutes, until the caramelization reaches desired level.

8) Slice thinly down the length of the pineapple and serve

I sliced it thinly and served with a vanilla macadamia nut ice cream that is made locally in Maui.  I even added a splash or two of rum, it was delicious.  I have had grilled pineapple before, but never like this and it was a good opportunity to take the Joetisserie for another spin.

Photos can be found by clicking the little globe under my signature.

akruckus:
I've had the grilled rotisserie pineapple at a Brazilian steak house and it was out of this world.  I might have to bring this recipe to my parents.  I don't have a rotisserie, but they do.  Thanks for the share!

Pam Gould:
I love anything on a rotisserie..in fact, Old Dave just made me a rotisserie for my Cobb grill..thanks again Dave, so I am gonna do this. I have grilled pineapple before but not on a rotisserie. There is honey and cinnamon involved instead, but the Bourbon sounds good to me, I'm a Jim Beam girl   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version