General > Quote of the Day

Where Were You . . .

<< < (2/3) > >>

KJRsmoker:
I first heard the news during my off period while teaching at a high school.  I saw it on the news on a TV in our library.  Word spread very quickly through our school.  It was a very strange feeling during the next passing period and in the classrooms.  About an hour later, we were dismissed for the day and sent home.  I, like millions of other Americans, then watched the horrific details play out on the news channels throughout the remainder of the day. 

Let us never forget.

tomcrete1:
God Bless America!!

teesquare:

--- Quote from: Hub on September 11, 2016, 08:38:46 AM ---Today of all days let us remember where we were -- not so much physically or geographically -- but where our hearts and minds were on Septmber 11, 2001.  Let us give thanks, each in our own way, for our freedoms.

God, bless America.

Hub

--- End quote ---

Awesome Hub...
And may I add - may we all think clearly about how to keep those hard earned - with much bloodshed - rights as sacred and protected as the lives they cost to earn.

Pappymn:
My kid asked me today if I was alive during 9/11. I gave her the look Tee gets when he wears shorts.

I was working in downtown Minneapolis. My building was across the street from the tallest building in Minneapolis. As we didn't know if other high value targets were possible, my building was evacuated and we were sent home.

I will never forget

ACW3:
I remember that day very well.  I was teaching math in an alternative high school.  When the first plane hit, someone yelled for me to turn on our class room TV.  I did.  Everyone was totally mesmerized the rest of the day. 

About a week later the Principal asked for a panel made up of members of the staff to hold a round table discussion for the students.  One of our assistant principals had been in the Peace Corp before teaching and becoming an administrator.  He was on the panel.  Another teacher had been in the military, besides me.  There was one other teacher who had not been in the military.  Each panel member was allowed to make a short statement about their background before the students were allowed to start asking questions.  Almost no questions were asked of the non-veterans.  The two veterans were asked a lot of questions.  I remember one question, "Would I go back into the Navy if I thought I could help?"  My answer was that it would take too long to train me to the level that I would need to be at in order to be useful again on a submarine.  My contribution would be in the classroom, since I considered that to be equally important.

Art

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version