FORUM SPONSORS > MAK Grills

The MAK has landed!

(1/6) > >>

mikeharold:
So as many of you know I had been going round and round on which new cooker I wanted and finally pulled the trigger on a MAK 1 star! Ordered it from Big poppas smokers and have to say they are great to deal with. Talked to someone before I ordered and she gave me a coupon code and they sent me a ton of their seasonings, a hat, a frog mat and something else I think. Only hiccup was with shipping of the unit. Hadn't received a tracking number and was expecting to get a call for delivery. Called BPS and no one knew where my smoker was  :(. Michelle at BPS got on it and started making calls to MAK and turns out it didn't get picked up by UPS and was just sitting in shipping and had been overlooked. If I hadn't called who knows how long it would have sat. It was originally supposed to have shipped on Sept. 6. Finally got it picked up a few days ago and got it delivered yesterday, almost a week delay.

So got it home and unloaded out of my trailer and assembled last night after work and did the burn in, ready to go for tonight! Going to do a spatchcocked chicken as that's about all we have let in the freezer right now. Got it seasoned and airing out in the fridge right now. Thinking I will start it on smoke for about 30-45 minutes then turn it up to about 350 and flip the bird skin side down till it's done. Want to get some smoke on it and try to get as crispy skin as I can too. This sound like the right approach? About how long all together til it should be done? This is my first cook on a pellet grill at all so just trying to get a good idea so we aren't starving and ready to eat at 9! Wouldn't make the wife very happy, though it has happen more than once or twice in the past  :-[.

And a couple of pics too. Good things come in big boxes strapped to a pallet! And set up and at the ready on the patio. Action shots later!

[attachments deleted after 6 months]

HighOnSmoke:
Congrats on your new cooker Mike!

smokeasaurus:
You got yourself a beauty right there. Congratulations  8)

muebe:
Congrats!

TMB:
Congrats      Now I'm jealous I want one

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version