Author Topic: Meadow creek bbq 26s ???  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Smokin3d

• DEADEYEDANIEL
Meadow creek bbq 26s ???
« Reply #-1 on: September 18, 2016, 01:58:03 PM »
Any one had any experience with meadow creek grills? I smoke a lot of chicken quarters in a electric smoker that are great but the skin you always throw away cause it's rubber.
I'm looking at the meadow creek bbq 26s and wow do I like the design (but not the price) it's been along time since I cooked with charcoal and I really didn't no what I was doing.

Looking for some input and suggestions. I have 2 electric smokers and a gas grill but I do not have a charcoal or stick cooker.
Rec Tec 700 BULL
Blackstone 17 inch
Blackstone 36 with surround table
Broil king signat 20
PBC
Po' Man grill
Weber 26 kettle
Weber smokey joe
Vortex
Slow n sear XL
Thermoworks SMOKE
Breville Smart Oven Air Convection Toaster Oven
John OHIO

Offline hikerman

Re: Meadow creek bbq 26s ???
« on: September 18, 2016, 02:17:46 PM »
Any one had any experience with meadow creek grills? I smoke a lot of chicken quarters in a electric smoker that are great but the skin you always throw away cause it's rubber.
I'm looking at the meadow creek bbq 26s and wow do I like the design (but not the price) it's been along time since I cooked with charcoal and I really didn't no what I was doing.

Looking for some input and suggestions. I have 2 electric smokers and a gas grill but I do not have a charcoal or stick cooker.

Smokin3D, if I were you, I would jump on the Tiernan Son of a Brisket smoker/grill!  It's never been used and compare it's 350.00 price to what is available in the same quality level, or what else you could get for 350.00. That is a steal.

Offline Smokin3d

• DEADEYEDANIEL
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 02:30:16 PM »
Lol I no. I as looking up the SOB 4-34 when I stumbled across the meadow creek bbq 26s and I just love the flipper. Some of the best chicken I have ever had has been off the same design but only bigger at festivals and large gatherings.
And now it's in a home owner size. Just in the last couple years I've been really getting into cooking.
Rec Tec 700 BULL
Blackstone 17 inch
Broil king signat 20
PBC
Po' Man grill
Weber 26 kettle
Weber smokey joe
Vortex
Slow n sear XL
Thermoworks SMOKE
John OHIO

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 07:20:46 PM »
Best chicken cooker is the PBC. Much cheaper and you get free shipping. Meadow Creeks are heavy and you gotta pay the freight.

I did have a Meadow Creek Off-set. Did a product review on it here. Sent it back for a full refund. They missed welds between the fire-box and smoking chamber. Unacceptable for a 1000 dollar pit......................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Smokin3d

• DEADEYEDANIEL
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 12:14:57 PM »
The PBC looks like it's to small for what I'm looking for cause I usually smoke 25 leg quarters at a time plus stuffed pork chops. I called a place that carries meadow creek grills an hour n 20 mins away.
I like to buy more than what i think I need cause it's always Better to have more than not enough (in my little world anyways)
That a shame to spend that much and not be welded!!!!!!  But have ? Do you think you would of liked the meadow creek if it was all up to specs?  How come you didn't have them send you a new one to trade? Just curios.
Rec Tec 700 BULL
Blackstone 17 inch
Broil king signat 20
PBC
Po' Man grill
Weber 26 kettle
Weber smokey joe
Vortex
Slow n sear XL
Thermoworks SMOKE
John OHIO

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 06:28:07 PM »
The PBC looks like it's to small for what I'm looking for cause I usually smoke 25 leg quarters at a time plus stuffed pork chops. I called a place that carries meadow creek grills an hour n 20 mins away.
I like to buy more than what i think I need cause it's always Better to have more than not enough (in my little world anyways)
That a shame to spend that much and not be welded!!!!!!  But have ? Do you think you would of liked the meadow creek if it was all up to specs?  How come you didn't have them send you a new one to trade? Just curios.

I was doing a product review on the unit and to miss welds in such a crucial area is unforgivable in my book. With that being said, Meadow Creek are extremely well made. I am sure that was a slip in quality.

You will be very happy with their chicken cooker. Ask for some Meadow Creek rubs to go along with your purchase.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 07:27:30 PM »
Rick(Nepas) used to have a 26 I think and Sparky has owned every smoker and grill made so he probably had one before too :P
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 07:46:45 PM »
Rick had the PR-36 (Pig Roaster series) and I think Sparky was giving the off-set the hairy eyeball until my review went south.........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 04:42:57 AM »
Rick had the PR-36 (Pig Roaster series) and I think Sparky was giving the off-set the hairy eyeball until my review went south.........

I found this site from your offset review.  Usually in April, Meadow Creek, has a big auction sale, the past 2 years I have had commitments and couldn't make it.  I still want to check their offset out, but mainly because it is so close (90min).  I think the next smoker I get is the KBQ but that won't be for a few years unless the price drops dramatically.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Smokin3d

• DEADEYEDANIEL
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 06:16:32 AM »
after talking to a dealer of meadow creek the bbq26s is not big enough so if I pull the trigger it's going to be the bbq42.
Rec Tec 700 BULL
Blackstone 17 inch
Broil king signat 20
PBC
Po' Man grill
Weber 26 kettle
Weber smokey joe
Vortex
Slow n sear XL
Thermoworks SMOKE
John OHIO

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 07:01:15 AM »
I had a MC pr26 for years, bought it direct from them when we lived in NEPA. No issues with it at all. If your doing lots of chicken you will need the larger one.

Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.