Author Topic: My kitchen and new glass top range  (Read 22347 times)

Offline DWard51

Re: My kitchen and new glass top range
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 11:15:40 PM »
That looks just like the GE we bought about 1 1/2 years ago.  You are right about the element being under a solid bottom. It is much easier to clean (without running a full self cleaning cycle).  You can put some water in the recess in the bottom and do a steam clean that works on about 95% of the stuff.

I will say this, the control range on our GE is a lot better than on our prior stove.  I recently finished a 22lb foiled chuck roll in the oven (figured it was foiled, so why add more charcoal to the WSM).  I was concerned about what the temp band would be around the set point.  On the initial heat up, it does overshoot a bit, but after that first cycle it was very tight.  Setpoint was 225 and the element clicked on at 218 and the overshoot went to 234.  Element only ran about every 20-30 minutes, so it held temp well.  That was more than acceptable, so I slept well while that big hunk of meat rose to 205 internal (I ran the Maverick so it would wake me when it was time to pull out and move to the ice chest).

Ok, I got wordy, but those GE oven/ranges are good units.