Cured Meats & Food Preservation > Dehydrating

Beef Jerky Three Ways

(1/3) > >>

HighOnSmoke:
I had the butcher at the commissary slice a 5.5 pound bottom round roast for jerky yesterday.  After trimming
some of the excess fat and ragged cuts I had 4 solid pounds of jerky. I need to note that I had the butcher cut
off the fat cap and leave it with the roast. I will use the fat for other things. I decided I would make 2 pounds of
Original, 1 pound of Garlic Pepper and 1 pound of hickory. 

After marinating in the cure for 24 hours the trays are loaded for the smoker. I am using the Grid Iron, preheated
to 170 and burning Lumberjack MHC. 

After approximately 3 hours this is the end results.  Seems the Garlic Pepper one has a few (several) pieces missing.  8)

It has been quite a while since I made jerky and I plan on making more since my wife and I like it and she has several
of her co-workers who are always asking for some.

Tomorrow I will be doing 3 pounds of ground beef jerky.

*Just a note, I couldn't get Photobucket to load so I am now using Smugmug.  At least for the trial period.

RAD:
Looks good Mike. Reminds me that i need to do some Jerky.

smoker pete:

--- Quote from: RAD on October 28, 2016, 05:31:34 PM ---Looks good Mike. Reminds me that i need to do some Jerky.

--- End quote ---

Ditto ...

Smokin Don:
Looks good Mike, some great snacks!!! Don

Smokerjunky:
Looks great!  I was just thinking about doing some jerky the other day - this seals it.  Hey - I really like the looks of your jerky racks where did you get those?  I like how far apart they are when stacked.  I got some at Cabellas and there is not enough separation when they are stacked.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version