Author Topic: Friendsgiving 2016  (Read 752 times)

Offline hikerman

Friendsgiving 2016
« Reply #-1 on: November 27, 2016, 01:32:46 PM »
Our family's Thanksgiving feast is always at FIL'S farm, as that is the only home that can accommodate the 30 to 40 of us easily. It's a great day of catching up, noshing, sipping wine, or beer, and finally feasting on everyone's food contributions!  :P  But when we get home no midnight turkey-dressing-cranberry sandwich. So to remedy that, quite a few years ago we started hosting a very much smaller 2nd Thanksgiving meal for a few close friends.  Nothing fancy, just good food, good friends,  and a few holiday cocktails. This year I dry-brined a turkey for 36 hours with a Cajun rub, Cajun/Italian dressing,  mashed potatoes,  gravy, and Brussels sprouts. The turkey and dressing were cooked on my GMG pellet grill burning oak-hickory-cherry pellets. Everything was wonderful, especially the company. We were all stuffed....again! So after dinner me and two buddies took a cigar walk thru our little village,  complete with brandy! 8)  I love Thanksgiving!
We hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving shared with those important to you all!  :thumbup:

[attachments deleted after 6 months]

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Friendsgiving 2016
« on: November 27, 2016, 02:29:48 PM »
Gene - it all looks wonderful. I had to do a double take when I saw your turkey! I looks just like mine. And - I too dry brined int he fridge with just some rub for a couple of days... :D :D :D

[attachments deleted after 6 months]
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline hikerman

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 02:34:28 PM »
Gene - it all looks wonderful. I had to do a double take when I saw your turkey! I looks just like mine. And - I too dry brined int he fridge with just some rub for a couple of days... :D :D :D

Twin turkeys of different hens Tim! :D

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 02:51:43 PM »
Sounds like a great couple of days.........The second meal is a great idea that we have done at times...but Brussels sprouts. That is one thing that has not changed since I was a child. LOL

Happy Thanksgiving!
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill