FORUM SPONSORS > Adrenaline Barbecue Co.

Copycat Chopped Beef Chuck Roast on the Slow N Sear

(1/2) > >>

HighOnSmoke:
After watching ABC Barbecues video on chopped chuck roast I decided to see if I could copy it and get the same results as they
did.  I picked up this chuck roast from the local meat market the other day. It weighs almost 3 pounds. I dry brined it overnight
with kosher salt. This morning I made up a batch of Big Bad Beef rub which I believe is what was used in the video. At least all
the ingredients are the same.  The roast was seasoned and put back in the refrigerator for about an hour.

I got the Weber going with some KB B and a couple chunks of post oak and cherry wood. Once it hit my cooking temp of 235 to
250 I put the chuck roast on the grill.

After 4 hours the chuck roast is ready to wrap. It is been in a stall at 157 for about an hour. I wrapped it double foil with some
beef broth mixed with Worcestershire.  I also added some more coals to the grill and opened up the vents to bring the temp
up to close to 300.

Another 2 hours and the chuck hit 206 and was probe tender.  FTC for 3 hours and then was chopped and sliced.

Chuck was very tender, moist and had great bark with a nice smoky flavor.  We normally like pulled beef or pepper stout beef.
This is a good change from those and will be doing it again.

abcbarbecue:
Wow that looks amazing!  Nicely done!

ACW3:
Mike,
That is fantastic looking!  The SnS is some piece of cooking gear!!  Love mine.

Art

RAD:
That looks outstanding.

Savannahsmoker:
That looks good Mike. :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version