Recipes > Veggies, Casseroles, & Other Side Dishes

?

<< < (3/3)

hikerman:

--- Quote from: stalag on September 04, 2017, 11:08:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: hikerman on September 04, 2017, 10:55:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: stalag on September 04, 2017, 05:31:56 AM ---I am going to point out that the flavor notes are different between the flavor extracted in oil, and the flavor extracted in vinegar.  It is my recommendation to divide the spice in half, add one part to the oil, and one part to the vinegar separately, store overnight and combine the next day.  You will get a much stronger flavor.

--- End quote ---

Stalag, what you say may be true. But to change the process of the recipe would obviously change the end flavor profile. I think you are missing the point on this time-honored recipe. It is a simple, easy to make recipe with an end result that helped drive a flourishing 98 year restaurant run.

--- End quote ---

I recognize your reticence.  However I would suggest you try it.  It will enhance the flavor, not change the note drastically.  Try it once and let me know empirically!

--- End quote ---

Stalag, I truly meant no harm in my response. Because of health reasons I have had to undertake an oil-free vegan diet, so I can't eat this dressing, which was my favorite of all time. An ethnic comfort food. Had I not become oil-free, I would have tried your method.

GusRobin:

--- Quote from: hikerman on September 02, 2017, 07:16:20 PM ---
 1 Whole head garlic, minced

--- End quote ---
is that truly a whole head as in ~6 or so cloves or a clove?

hikerman:

--- Quote from: GusRobin on September 04, 2017, 01:08:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: hikerman on September 02, 2017, 07:16:20 PM ---
 1 Whole head garlic, minced

--- End quote ---
is that truly a whole head as in ~6 or so cloves or a clove?

--- End quote ---

Yes sir. That is not a misprint!
Definitely not for the garlic fearers amongst us.

GusRobin:
ok  thanks- gotta try this just to see the level of garlic flavor : )

hikerman:
Gus, it is a very bright garlic flavor. You definitely need to like garlic to enjoy this one! I've yet to be bit by a vampire while consuming this dressing. Lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version