Outdoor Cooking Equipment > PIZZA OVENS - Wood Fired

GMG Wood Fired Pizza Oven first attempt at pizza...

<< < (2/4) > >>

tomcrete1:
Wow! That is cool!

Old Dave:

--- Quote from: smokeasaurus on December 10, 2017, 05:09:04 PM ---That is one of the coolest accessories I have seen for a pellet grill. Pizza looks great. I have a dealer down the street that sells Green Mountains. I wonder if that Pizza Oven would fit in other pellet grills with the center fire-box.......

--- End quote ---

When this first came out, there was a lot of talk about adapting this unit to other grills but as far as I know, no one has been successful yet. I still would think that there must be another pellet grill out there that has near the same measurements as the Green Mountain grills that the unit could be modified to fit them. It sure is a great accessory and it seems to work quite well. I am anxious to try a higher temperature on my next bake to see if I can get the pizza crust as good as a real wood fired oven. It is close now and I think it can be done with a higher temperature.

HighOnSmoke:
Great accessory and tasty looking pizza Dave!

tomcrete1:
Just based off my experience with the Blackstone Pizza Oven the 6-700 degree range is perfect. I have tried higher heat into the 800's and it burned really quick.  Might be different on the pellet grill though.. I'm very impressed with the GMG accessory! :thumbup:

Roget:
Dave, a lot of the ability to get the "leoparding" effect on the bottom crust (and the slight charring on the top crust) is determined by the dough formulation.
I'm able to get it (sometimes) at temps. of 650°-700°.
I'm no pizza expert, & a small variation in the ingredients (or in the way it is fermented) can make a big difference in how the crust turns out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version