Welcome Center > New Member Introductions

New Member from the Keystone State

<< < (4/5) > >>

TwoPockets:
Welcome from Deep South Alabama.

TentHunteR:

--- Quote from: smokeasaurus on January 27, 2018, 11:34:20 AM ---If you are looking you are not cooking.

Spritzing I think is a waste of time. You are cooling down the surface of your meat everytime you spritz. You are also going to extend your cooking time due to opening up the pit door. You will also use more pellets during the cook.

Pellet grills produce plenty of moisture.  forgot to mention that spritzing can impede that wonderful crusty bark that will form.

--- End quote ---

I agree with that assessment!  I think spritzing ends up just stalling the cook.

The one difference (because of where I live compared to where Smokeasaurus lives) is in Winter time, when the air is super dry, I will add a pan or couple cans of water to up the humidity level in our pellet smokers.

Welcome, from NE Ohio!

svickstc:
Again thank you all for the warm welcome!!!!

I’m located about an hour north of philly in the burbs, just up the NE extension!

Wrapped the pork shoulder at 165 internal, double layer as suggested and let it finish out to 2015 before wrapping in a towel and placed in a Yeti for 45 mins to rest....

Beautiful smoke ring and pulled apart with ease, parents and company really enjoyed it!!

Thanks for all the help hopefully my next one is just as good as the first and not beginners luck

Roget:
Greetings from Indiana.
Glad it came out good for you.
I'm sure they will just keep getting better. :)

CDN Smoker:
Welcome from Manitoba, Canada ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version