MEMBER VIDEOS > RG Videos

A little tongue in cheek motorcycle video

(1/3) > >>

RG:
Don't fret friends, I'll have a BBQ related video soon but until then, enjoy this video of a ride my wife and I took last weekend. I had it originally on Youtube but they blocked it due to the music within. I uploaded it to Vimeo and so far, so good. The video compression is awful but it's a really short video so I'm not too upset.

HighOnSmoke:
Very nice video Jason! What camera did you use?

RG:

--- Quote from: HighOnSmoke on March 01, 2018, 12:17:05 PM ---Very nice video Jason! What camera did you use?

--- End quote ---

I used the Sony FDR-X3000. I wish that the video would look the way it looks on my PC but everybody (facebook, youtube, vimeo, etc.) just compresses them so much they look bad. I may also need to use different software in the editing side of things.

TMB:
I thought it looked good to be honest.  :thumbup:

Agustine:
Nice video.
I have a Vimeo account. Costs me 100 bucks a year and I have no weekly limits right up to 5TB total which I will never use in a year.
YouTube’s mantra is quantity over quality. Over 300 hours of footage are uploaded to YouTube every single minute, and all of those videos need to be processed before they can go live. In order to handle that kind of load, YouTube must balance compression speed with compression quality.

On the other hand, Vimeo’s mantra is quality over quantity. Because Vimeo has stricter guidelines for acceptable videos, its processing load is far lighter than YouTube’s — and that means it can focus more on maximizing the quality of each video using better encoding techniques.

The bottom line: If you upload the same video to both YouTube and Vimeo at the same resolution, the Vimeo version will look a lot better because it will have a much higher bitrate. The audio will also sound much better because Vimeo supports 320 Kbps. Unfortunately, these higher quality settings are only available to subscribers of Vimeo Plus, Pro, or Business.

Take a second to ask yourself what comes to mind when someone says “YouTube video,” then consider what comes to mind when someone says “Vimeo video.” If you have any experience with both sites, then your perception of each brand should be radically different.

YouTube is basically a video dump. You can upload anything you want as long as it isn’t sexually explicit, gory, excessively violent, etc. No one will stop you if you want to upload low-quality content that’s pointless or spammy, whereas Vimeo is very strict about what it allows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version