MEMBER VIDEOS > RG Videos

I added another action cam to the collection

(1/1)

RG:
So, for the 3 people that look at my videos ( :P ) I have just bought another cam to aid in my story telling. I bought a GoPro Hero 6 Black to go along with my Sony x3000. I already had another 4K cam but it's really a terrible camera, cost $80.00 to $90.00 but for the sake of testing it out against the good cameras I own, I made a really short video that utilizes light and low light conditions (in my super messy garage, lol).

It may be hard to tell which is better between the Sony and GoPro as they have their strengths and weaknesses so I'll say for now it's a tie but I can tell you that the budget cam will NEVER be used as a 4K cam as it's a decent 1080p cam so I'll use it for that and that only. It might make it's way into the fold as a helmet cam perhaps.

If you're inclined to view the comparison video, you can find it here :

I will be making another BBQ How To in the coming weeks, so you have that to dread or look forward to :)

HighOnSmoke:
To be honest I believe the GoPro 6 was a bit better. I have the GoPro 5 and it is good, but compared to my Sony FDR-AX53 video camera it loses the 4K battle.

RG:

--- Quote from: HighOnSmoke on March 29, 2018, 02:07:45 PM ---To be honest I believe the GoPro 6 was a bit better. I have the GoPro 5 and it is good, but compared to my Sony FDR-AX53 video camera it loses the 4K battle.

--- End quote ---

I think the Sony in bright environments beats the GoPro, the GP does better in low light. The Sony can record in 4K 100Mbps but only in 30fps (which is fine by me). The GP can do 4K60 but at a lower bitrate (around 80 with protune turned on). Both can make FAR better videos than YouTube will allow so it's almost a moot point.

The areas that I like about the GP are that it is touch screen and actually HAS a screen to view what you're shooting, the Sony only has a side mounted LCD screen. They both have voice control which I will never use but it's there if I change my mind. The Sony has the best video stabilzation since it's optical and not digital but the GP is pretty dang good. The Sony is almost gimbal like.

In post production, I can make them both look better. The Sony tends to overexpose, I think I need more time with the GP to see what it needs, that will soon come :)

I am looking forward to see if GoPro's GPS works better than Sony's. I am betting it'll be better but time will tell!

HighOnSmoke:

--- Quote from: RG on March 29, 2018, 02:51:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: HighOnSmoke on March 29, 2018, 02:07:45 PM ---To be honest I believe the GoPro 6 was a bit better. I have the GoPro 5 and it is good, but compared to my Sony FDR-AX53 video camera it loses the 4K battle.

--- End quote ---

I think the Sony in bright environments beats the GoPro, the GP does better in low light. The Sony can record in 4K 100Mbps but only in 30fps (which is fine by me). The GP can do 4K60 but at a lower bitrate (around 80 with protune turned on). Both can make FAR better videos than YouTube will allow so it's almost a moot point.

The areas that I like about the GP are that it is touch screen and actually HAS a screen to view what you're shooting, the Sony only has a side mounted LCD screen. They both have voice control which I will never use but it's there if I change my mind. The Sony has the best video stabilzation since it's optical and not digital but the GP is pretty dang good. The Sony is almost gimbal like.

In post production, I can make them both look better. The Sony tends to overexpose, I think I need more time with the GP to see what it needs, that will soon come :)

I am looking forward to see if GoPro's GPS works better than Sony's. I am betting it'll be better but time will tell!

--- End quote ---

I use the voice control on my GoPro all the time. To me it is one of the better features. Especially if I have it mounted on my dash or inside windshield I can just tell it to start and stop recording. That way it is not recording miles of nothing.  ;) ;D

RG:

--- Quote from: HighOnSmoke on March 29, 2018, 03:08:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: RG on March 29, 2018, 02:51:46 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I use the voice control on my GoPro all the time. To me it is one of the better features. Especially if I have it mounted on my dash or inside windshield I can just tell it to start and stop recording. That way it is not recording miles of nothing.  ;) ;D

--- End quote ---

I guess I'm used to recording miles of nothing :P :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version