Author Topic: Home alone with the Memphis  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Gtsum2

Home alone with the Memphis
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 06:57:22 PM »
Thanks all!  Just the youngest and I home tonight, so a rack of spares went on about 11:30 this morning. Also noticed I’m down to my last 4 bags of pellets so had to get a quote for another 1000lbs of Lumberjack:)
Love spare ribs... actually prefer them St. Louis style, but YUM!  Did some on Easter.  7 hours at 210 degrees and they were perfect.  What temp ya cooking them at?  Also, where do you order your Lumberjack pellets from... directly from the manufacturer?

Bbq pellets online is where I ordered from.

Did these at 250 straight through but they got done about an hour and half before the family showed up for dinner, so wrapped in bp with the pit set to 180...I like my ribs naked and don’t usually wrap...I lost some sheen on the ribs after being wrapped to hold for 90 minutes and they were falling off the bone overcooked:(. Tasted good though!

Pig honey!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Gtsum2

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 06:57:42 PM »
That steak is cooked just the way I like it, nice job and I am sure it was tasty.

Thanks! 

Memphis Elite

Offline rwalters

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 07:07:04 PM »
Thanks all!  Just the youngest and I home tonight, so a rack of spares went on about 11:30 this morning. Also noticed I’m down to my last 4 bags of pellets so had to get a quote for another 1000lbs of Lumberjack:)
Love spare ribs... actually prefer them St. Louis style, but YUM!  Did some on Easter.  7 hours at 210 degrees and they were perfect.  What temp ya cooking them at?  Also, where do you order your Lumberjack pellets from... directly from the manufacturer?

Bbq pellets online is where I ordered from.

Did these at 250 straight through but they got done about an hour and half before the family showed up for dinner, so wrapped in bp with the pit set to 180...I like my ribs naked and don’t usually wrap...I lost some sheen on the ribs after being wrapped to hold for 90 minutes and they were falling off the bone overcooked:(. Tasted good though!

Pig honey!

Memphis Elite

Those ribs look perfect!  About the pellets, I am considering a 1/2 ton of Smoke Ring pellets. Do you have any experience with this brand of pellets?  The price is right, and the few people I have talked to seem to love them! The OHC (Oak, Hickory and Cherry) blend is one of their most popular and is probably what I’d buy (love these wood types).
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Gtsum2

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 07:41:20 PM »
Thanks! 

Funny you ask that...I was considering picking some up to try as I have heard good things about them as well but haven’t tried them yet

Memphis Elite

Offline rwalters

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 07:47:15 PM »
Thanks! 

Funny you ask that...I was considering picking some up to try as I have heard good things about them as well but haven’t tried them yet

Memphis Elite

There is a SUPER reputable BBQ store (heavy into pellet grills) here in CA.  The owner is a serious geek when it comes to researching/testing anything BBQ related. He has been cooking with pellets for years and has tried and tested most major brands... after discovering Smoke Ring, he just recently started carrying them. He swears by them!
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

Offline Roget

Re: Home alone with the Memphis
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 11:26:13 AM »
Great lookin' meal.  :thumbup:
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline Gtsum2

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 01:52:16 PM »
Thanks!  Home alone working so was going to make up a venison Juicy Lucy...come to find out I’m out of buns and no lettuce wraps so plain it was

Memphis Elite

Offline rwalters

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 02:05:34 PM »
Thanks!  Home alone working so was going to make up a venison Juicy Lucy...come to find out I’m out of buns and no lettuce wraps so plain it was

Memphis Elite

No bun, no lettuce, no problem... I’d eat that bad boy no matter how it was presented to me... that looks TASTY!  You gonna put all 3 of those down for lunch?

Offline Gtsum2

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 02:32:13 PM »
Lol. Just one. Others be for the 10 and 7 year old after school before soccer practice

Memphis Elite

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
Re: Home alone with the Memphis
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2018, 12:55:55 PM »
Good looking cooks! I'm just getting my feet wet with my new Memphis Elite. So far I've some "everyday" weeknight meals, the kind of stuff I'd normally do over charcoal or on the gasser like fajitas, steaks, boneless chicken breasts.

VERY happy so far, I love the direct flame flavorizer. Getting to know the grill, temps, etc. I've overcooked some food a little bit so far, as this thing puts out some amazing hi-temps, higher than I expected!

Looking forward to trying some low and slow ribs, brisket, pork butt... Question. How long did that rack of spare ribs cook for at 250 until it was done?
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline Gtsum2

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 08:57:35 PM »
Good looking cooks! I'm just getting my feet wet with my new Memphis Elite. So far I've some "everyday" weeknight meals, the kind of stuff I'd normally do over charcoal or on the gasser like fajitas, steaks, boneless chicken breasts.

VERY happy so far, I love the direct flame flavorizer. Getting to know the grill, temps, etc. I've overcooked some food a little bit so far, as this thing puts out some amazing hi-temps, higher than I expected!

Looking forward to trying some low and slow ribs, brisket, pork butt... Question. How long did that rack of spare ribs cook for at 250 until it was done?

Yeah, the direct flame zone can torch food pretty easily...a little learning curve there for sure. I think those ribs went about 5.5 hours as they were a whole I trimmed rack. Baby backs about. 3:30-4 hours, trimmed spares maybe 4-4:30

Memphis Elite