Author Topic: Cooking Veggies on the Kamado Joe?  (Read 664 times)

Offline SteakMart

Cooking Veggies on the Kamado Joe?
« Reply #-1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:38:13 AM »
I'm firing up the Kamado Joe for a group of 8 tonight and was interested in everyone's thoughts on grilling up some veggies alongside. I've previously done this with the oven, but curious to know what tastes I can expect. Asparagus, capsicum, and onion were high on the agenda. Cheers!

Offline rwalters

Re: Cooking Veggies on the Kamado Joe?
« on: May 16, 2018, 11:44:19 AM »
Grilled veggies on the JOE are outstanding, especially the veggies that you mentioned!  They blow oven roasted veggies out of the water!  For my tastes, when grilling veggies on a kamado, I prefer to control the heat with the bottom vent, leaving the top vent wide open.  You want a pretty hot fire so this works well.  The reason I do it is because I do not like holding smoke back in the kamado when cooking veggies... the smoke flavor can overtake the veggies IMO.  With the top vent wide open, this doesn't happen :)

Oh yeah, if you don't already have GrillGrates for your JOE, do yourself a favor and get some... they make a huge difference for certain types of cooks, veggies being one of them.

Would love to see pics of this cook (hint, hint) ;)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)