Other Cooking Equipment > Accessories

How to break in your Grillgrates

<< < (2/4) > >>

rwalters:

--- Quote from: sschorr on June 10, 2018, 07:16:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: rwalters on June 10, 2018, 06:49:14 PM ---You might think them to be a pain to clean at first... but they get easier with time. A wide headed flat screw driver does a fabulous job of cleaning the majority of the gunk out from between the rails. That’s how I do it, and then I give the top of the rails a good scrub with my brush.

--- End quote ---

Are you using grill grates, not the MAK built, on your MAK?  Theirs are made with no flat side, so nothing to scrape?

--- End quote ---
I have the MAK sear grates for my MAK, and GrillGrates for my Weber kettle. I tried the GrillGrates on the MAK, but found I much prefer MAK’s version :)

sschorr:

--- Quote from: rwalters on June 10, 2018, 07:37:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: sschorr on June 10, 2018, 07:16:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: rwalters on June 10, 2018, 06:49:14 PM ---You might think them to be a pain to clean at first... but they get easier with time. A wide headed flat screw driver does a fabulous job of cleaning the majority of the gunk out from between the rails. That’s how I do it, and then I give the top of the rails a good scrub with my brush.

--- End quote ---

Are you using grill grates, not the MAK built, on your MAK?  Theirs are made with no flat side, so nothing to scrape?

--- End quote ---
I have the MAK sear grates for my MAK, and GrillGrates for my Weber kettle. I tried the GrillGrates on the MAK, but found I much prefer MAK’s version :)

--- End quote ---

Whew!  Thought maybe there is a gizzy I don’t have yet.   8)

CDN Smoker:
IMHO, grill grates do a fantastic job on steaks..

TMB:

--- Quote from: CDN Smoker on June 11, 2018, 09:33:31 AM ---IMHO, grill grates do a fantastic job on steaks..

--- End quote ---
That they do :thumbup:    Really want something good try grilld cheese (Texas toast and thick cheddar) on a campfire :thumbup: :thumbup:

UWFSAE:
When I bought mine, I rinsed and dried them, then I seasoned them with canola oil and let them heat up (similar to the way I would a cast iron skillet).  For regular cleaning, I used a damp old golf towel to clean the channels (use tongs to grip the towel, of course).  For "spring cleaning", I just soaked them in a plastic tub with some Dawn dishwashing liquid and warm water; I re-season them with canola after that process.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version