Author Topic: Pellet Smoker Research  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Pappymn

Pellet Smoker Research
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 04:39:34 PM »
Besides the high quality, you simply cannot beat MAK's customer service. There is a reason why they are successful with (sorry to say this) a very substandard website. The word of mouth advertising IS their business model. That only works if you have two things.

1) Thee absolute greatest customer service. The kind of service that makes you feel guilty about how far above and beyond they go. (And I feel guilty as sin)

2) Thee absolute best quality materials to produce the absolute best quality product.
These are excellent points. With no physical dealers anymore and thus nobody pushing a hard sell. Mak is bought on reputation alone. Every sale and customer service interaction creates another advocate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline KJRsmoker

Re: Pellet Smoker Research
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 08:04:25 PM »
Besides the high quality, you simply cannot beat MAK's customer service. There is a reason why they are successful with (sorry to say this) a very substandard website. The word of mouth advertising IS their business model. That only works if you have two things.

1) Thee absolute greatest customer service. The kind of service that makes you feel guilty about how far above and beyond they go. (And I feel guilty as sin)

2) Thee absolute best quality materials to produce the absolute best quality product.
These are excellent points. With no physical dealers anymore and thus nobody pushing a hard sell. Mak is bought on reputation alone. Every sale and customer service interaction creates another advocate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could not agree more.  I bet nobody has ever said "I sure wish I wouldn't have bought my MAK."  If you go with a MAK, you will not be disappointed. 
2016 MAK 2 Star 2817 ~ Remote Boss
Blackstone Griddle 28"
Gas Grill

Offline Lantern

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 10:35:31 PM »
I obviously will sing the praises of my MAK 1 star with the funnel flame zone and extra shelf. I have been over the moon with what it does and feel like with good pellets I can make anything tasty.

However, I'll add another name in the ring. At 1799 you can get a Smokin Brothers premier 36. It is built like a tank and has 976 sq inches of cooking area.

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 10:50:52 PM »

Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 10:52:06 PM »
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,