General > Specials, Discounts and Sales

LEM #12 Big Bite grinder for $330 on Amazon

(1/2) > >>

DWard51:
I've been lusting after a LEM #12 Big Bite grinder for some time now.  I have had a Kitchener #12 from Northern Tool for a number of years and it works just fine, but there is just something about that 3/4hp #12 and all the reviews and video's I've looked at for the LEM.  Normally they are $449 at LEM plus shipping and tax.  I almost snagged one for 50% off at Gander Mountain when they were going out of business last year but missed it by about 20 minutes (called, they had 1, it was gone by the time I drove over to the store).

Well I received a LEM 20% off for July 4th email today, which put it at $359.20, but there is still that shipping and tax and an extra $7 upcharge for their shipping.  Then I looked on Amazon and OMG, they had the #12 Big Bite for $330, with free shipping on Prime (which I have). Plus it was sold and shipped by amazon and not some 3rd party (even better). Still have to pay the sales tax but $353.10 delivered to my door is a heck of a deal on this monster grinder.  This thing should outlast me (I have some extra stainless plates for my current #12 which is the main reason I stuck with #12 size, I could get away with smaller, but then the extra plates and accessories up the overall price).

So if you are looking for a LEM #12 Big Bite, all stainless steel grinder, check out this link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FBH56N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit note: Fixed link

TentHunteR:
Good deal, Drew.  I'm sure you're going to love it!

Be glad you stuck with a #12 and not something smaller.  The biggest pain with a smaller grinder is all the extra time and effort it takes to cut the meat into pieces small enough to fit into the throat.  It's a bigger chore than people realize, and ultimately holds you back from making sausage as often as you might like.

Dave R.:

--- Quote from: DWard51 on July 04, 2018, 01:27:43 AM ---I've been lusting after a LEM #12 Big Bite grinder for some time now.  I have had a Kitchener #12 from Northern Tool for a number of years and it works just fine, but there is just something about that 3/4hp #12 and all the reviews and video's I've looked at for the LEM.  Normally they are $449 at LEM plus shipping and tax.  I almost snagged one for 50% off at Gander Mountain when they were going out of business last year but missed it by about 20 minutes (called, they had 1, it was gone by the time I drove over to the store).

Well I received a LEM 20% off for July 4th email today, which put it at $359.20, but there is still that shipping and tax and an extra $7 upcharge for their shipping.  Then I looked on Amazon and OMG, they had the #12 Big Bite for $330, with free shipping on Prime (which I have). Plus it was sold and shipped by amazon and not some 3rd party (even better). Still have to pay the sales tax but $353.10 delivered to my door is a heck of a deal on this monster grinder.  This thing should outlast me (I have some extra stainless plates for my current #12 which is the main reason I stuck with #12 size, I could get away with smaller, but then the extra plates and accessories up the overall price).

So if you are looking for a LEM #12 Big Bite, all stainless steel grinder, check out this link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FBH56N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit note: Fixed link

--- End quote ---

So the question I have is what are you going to do with the Kitchener #12 from Northern Tool? If you think it may be something you want to sell let me know your price and how much to ship to Nampa Idaho. 83651

Roget:
That is a heck of a deal.
At that price I would have a 12 instead of my 8, but no more than I use it the 8 is plenty big enough for me.

DWard51:
It came Friday.  This sucker is a heavy weight.  Boxed it weighs about 45-50 pounds.  It's built like a tank.  Now I've just got to make some sausage.  Probably be next weekend if I don't have to work.

The $330 price was gone the next day.  Either Amazon sold out (they only showed 3 left when I ordered mine, sold and shipped by Amazon), or someone figured out the price was wrong as it went back to over $400 the next day.  But I got mine for $330 with free shipping (Prime).  I would hate to think how big a hit they took on shipping a 50 pound box that size (it's huge).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version