Recipes > Breakfast/Brunch Ideas!

OK, new idea Low Carb Pita Bread

(1/4) > >>

TMB:
I'm on a pizza forum and the idea of someone looking for a Pita bread recipe got me to thinking  :D :D

Wonder if I can pull off a low carb pita bread using my UUNI?   Mix will be Alomnd flour, white wheat  (higher fiber than reg flour) with some starter and VWG ;)

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome 

UWFSAE:
My Greek grandmother used an electric griddle to make pita bread or homemade souvlaki, and it was better than anything store-bought by a mile.  I'd think a cast iron skillet would work well in the Uuni for this project.

TMB:

--- Quote from: UWFSAE on January 09, 2019, 02:39:20 PM ---My Greek grandmother used an electric griddle to make pita bread or homemade souvlaki, and it was better than anything store-bought by a mile.  I'd think a cast iron skillet would work well in the Uuni for this project.

--- End quote ---
Great idea!   I'll have a few made and try different ways to see what works

Pam Gould:
Tommy..years ago I made garlic naan and cooked it on the TBE.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

TMB:

--- Quote from: Pam Gould on January 09, 2019, 03:17:47 PM ---Tommy..years ago I made garlic naan and cooked it on the TBE.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

--- End quote ---
I remember, issue with that way of cooking low carb bread is getting it to hold to gether side ways.  Using my UUNI with or without a pan would let it lay flat till it puffed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version