Author Topic: Pit Boss Pellets / Cookinpellets / Lumberjack Pellets  (Read 1505 times)

Offline zueth

Pit Boss Pellets / Cookinpellets / Lumberjack Pellets
« Reply #-1 on: January 23, 2019, 10:46:41 AM »
I have used Cookinpellets Perfect Mix, LumberJack Competiton Blend, and Pit Boss Competiton Blend.  My favorite was cookinpellets, but they cost too much to ship unless you purchase them in bulk.  I found Lumberjack at Dicks Sporting Goods, but lately, when I go to the store they are sold out.  I came across PitBoss Pellets at Lowes for $16 for a 40lb bag which is a great price, but I don't think they provide as much smoke as others, burn a little quicker, and don't seem to provide as much of a smoke ring.  Could just be my imagination, but have been happier with the results of the food that I have cooked when burning LJ and CP. 

I looked online and found that Dicks offers shipping for free if your order is over $49 and this includes the 20lb bags of lumberjack pellets, so it would be $60for 80lbs shipped to the door.

I know that Cookinpellets offers free shipping if you purchase 7-40lb bags and it works out to $33 a bag and that price down if you buy 10 ($31 a bag) or 15 bags ($26 a bag).  But I don't have a great need to have 400lbs of pellets in my garage.

Would love to get feedback from others on what they prefer to burn and best deals out there.

Offline ClimberDave

Re: Pit Boss Pellets / Cookinpellets / Lumberjack Pellets
« on: January 23, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »
Think my buddy gets  Perfect Mix Pellets on Amazon with free shipping  if your a Prime member.
Kamado Joe III Big Joe
Weber 22" One-Touch kettle
Weber Smokey Joe Simpsons Edition
PBC
Slow and Sear
Generic gasser
Roccbox Pizza Oven
Anova One
Joule
Anova Nano

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 12:03:43 PM »
You definitely get free shipping for Cookinpellets if you are Prime, but I thought I remembered them also being free to ship with the minimum purchase amount.  I logged myself out so that I wasn't showing Prime shipping when I looked at the Cookinpellets, and I couldn't see the regular rate since they are running free shipping with no minimum until January 31.  The Note below shoed up when I clicked on the details next to free shipping.

Order with Free Shipping by Amazon
Until January 31, 2019, enjoy Free Shipping with no minimum purchase amount.

With free shipping, your order will be delivered 5-8 business days after all your items are available to ship, including pre-order items.

To place an order online, do the following:
Add eligible items to your Shopping Cart. Any item with "FREE Shipping" messaging on the product detail page that is fulfilled and shipped by Amazon is eligible.
To place the order using the shopping cart:
Proceed to checkout.
Ship your items to a single U.S. address in on of the 50 states.
Select Group my items into as few shipments as possible as your shipping preference.
Select FREE Shipping as your shipping speed.
For more information on how to qualify, go to About Free Shipping by Amazon. You can get unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items with Amazon Prime.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline UWFSAE

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 12:18:17 PM »
Zeuth,

I imagine you've already done so, but keep checking to see if they have dealers near you with CookinPellets:  https://cookinpellets.com/dealers/.  I'm getting them at $28.00/40lb locally ... not much of a savings but it adds up.
Joe from Crosby, TX
Smokin-It #3
Weber Genesis E-330

Offline zueth

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 12:34:08 PM »
Zeuth,

I imagine you've already done so, but keep checking to see if they have dealers near you with CookinPellets:  https://cookinpellets.com/dealers/.  I'm getting them at $28.00/40lb locally ... not much of a savings but it adds up.

Thanks, when checked last closest one was about a 2 hour drive.

Offline zueth

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 12:35:59 PM »
Think my buddy gets  Perfect Mix Pellets on Amazon with free shipping  if your a Prime member.

Correct it is free shipping from Amazon prime, but you also paying $37 for a 40lb bag. 

Offline Roget

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 08:22:18 PM »
I'm certainly not a pellet guru, but I find lumberjack pellets work just fine for me.
I've tried a few others and don't personally see that much difference in them and the more expensive ones.
I get my Lumberjacks at Rural King for $8.99 for a 20 pound bag. Best price I've found.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline retfr8flyr

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 10:55:53 PM »
I get my LJ pellets from Dick's, I hate dealing with them but it's the best price. I wait for their sales and then stock up. I just loaded up on them, as they had a 20% off and free shipping recently. I have tried others but for the price I think LJ's are as good or better then anyone else.
Earl
Grills are Kamado Joe Big Joe, Akorn, Akorn Jr. and  Camp Chef Flat Top 600 griddle

Offline rwalters

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 11:32:24 PM »
I have used Cookinpellets Perfect Mix, LumberJack Competiton Blend, and Pit Boss Competiton Blend.  My favorite was cookinpellets, but they cost too much to ship unless you purchase them in bulk.  I found Lumberjack at Dicks Sporting Goods, but lately, when I go to the store they are sold out.  I came across PitBoss Pellets at Lowes for $16 for a 40lb bag which is a great price, but I don't think they provide as much smoke as others, burn a little quicker, and don't seem to provide as much of a smoke ring.  Could just be my imagination, but have been happier with the results of the food that I have cooked when burning LJ and CP. 

I looked online and found that Dicks offers shipping for free if your order is over $49 and this includes the 20lb bags of lumberjack pellets, so it would be $60for 80lbs shipped to the door.

I know that Cookinpellets offers free shipping if you purchase 7-40lb bags and it works out to $33 a bag and that price down if you buy 10 ($31 a bag) or 15 bags ($26 a bag).  But I don't have a great need to have 400lbs of pellets in my garage.

Would love to get feedback from others on what they prefer to burn and best deals out there.
Where are you located? If nearby, I’d be happy to split a 15 bag order from Cookin’ Pellets with you...I might bring another buddy in on it as I am actually pretty well stocked at the moment.  I’ve done it before where I grabbed 8 and a buddy took 7.  I offered him the 8 but he declined... lol. If we’re not nearby, do you have any friends/family that might be interested?  Or perhaps a fellow LTBBQ brother?  Where there’s a will there’s a way :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline zueth

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 02:11:38 PM »
Where are you located? If nearby, I’d be happy to split a 15 bag order from Cookin’ Pellets with you...I might bring another buddy in on it as I am actually pretty well stocked at the moment.  I’ve done it before where I grabbed 8 and a buddy took 7.  I offered him the 8 but he declined... lol. If we’re not nearby, do you have any friends/family that might be interested?  Or perhaps a fellow LTBBQ brother?  Where there’s a will there’s a way :)

I am in Washington State, would be a long drive :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:24:20 PM by zueth »

Offline rwalters

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 02:27:57 PM »
Yes indeed! :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 08:45:09 PM »

[/quote]

I am in Washington State, would be a long drive :)
[/quote]

Where in Wa St do you live? I'm a CookinPellets dealer and I live in Lake Stevens, Wa

Offline zueth

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 11:22:51 PM »
Where in Wa St do you live? I'm a CookinPellets dealer and I live in Lake Stevens, Wa

Vancouver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 09:52:05 AM »

Vancouver

Yup, that's over a 3 hr. drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cookinpellets junior

• cookinpellets.com
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 12:27:05 PM »
 :thumbup:
jr@cookinpellets.com
facebook: cookinpellets junior
facebook cookinpellets
www.cookinpellets.com